XenScripts WordPress to XenForo Bridge [Paid] [Deleted]

Okay, i updated it, and the error message is gone.
But that´s not the problem. It´s still there:
XF-registered users are ignored, when they visit wordpress and showing as "not logged in", when they like to comment. If you like, i´ll pm you a test-account to see it.

Okay, i updated it, and the error message is gone.
But that´s not the problem. It´s still there:
XF-registered users are ignored, when they visit wordpress and showing as "not logged in", when they like to comment. If you like, i´ll pm you a test-account to see it.
OK. Glad the update fixed the one error :)

Now, for the second. Go ahead and PM me.

Based on what Peter sent me by email I don't think he has the latest version of the bridge installed, so we'll hopefully resolve that once he gets back to me =) Should make things smoother.

Screw this. A month later and the author still has not officially updated this script. Luckily the comminity added a hack to get it working on wordpress 3.5

http://xenscripts.com/community/threads/wordpress-3-5.565/page-2

The support and function of this pluggin is pretty **** and not worth the money.

As far as I'm aware, everyone who has contacted me about 3.5 now has it working. Did you even try to contact me? If you did and you are not happy with the resolution then I apologise.

I have not released an official update yet because there are so many different ways people are using Wordpress, with a literally infinite number of combinations of different plugins. I don't want to release and update and encourage an upgrade that might break something for someone who previously had it working.

You're right that the community (lph in particular) have been a huge help and I've expressed my thanks.

Don't buy this product expecting a large business behind it - it's a very niche request and gets far too few sales for anything of that sort. If you have problems with it and talk to me then I absolutely will resolve them with you, and I think the many positive reviews demonstrate that. Or, if you aren't happy, I'll gladly give you a refund.

Screw this. A month later and the author still has not officially updated this script. Luckily the comminity added a hack to get it working on wordpress 3.5

http://xenscripts.com/community/threads/wordpress-3-5.565/page-2

The support and function of this pluggin is pretty **** and not worth the money.

I'm sorry that you are frustrated. My code is a kludge because I'm learning. Maybe you have a more elegant solution or was something not working for you?

If a user is logged into my xenforo forum, are they automatically logged into my Wordpress blog, or will they have to login to the blog each time they visit the blog?

Yes. The user logs in through XenForo and WP recognizes the user.

Also, has the incompatibility issue with w3tc been fixed?

Not to my knowledge.

Is it possible to only use this for the thread creation on post (no login or comment system)? Also, does Xenforo need to be installed on the same server as wordpress? I have them separated.

Is it possible to only use this for the thread creation on post (no login or comment system)? Also, does Xenforo need to be installed on the same server as wordpress? I have them separated.

Both WordPress and XenForo must be on the same physical server. Sorry.

A question, what if we're using disqus as our commenting system, would it still be able to integrate?

Hello!

I would like to know if I can install this on a subdomain.

My site is on www.mysite.com and I want to put wordpress on blog.mysite.com

Both installs are on the same physical server.

Let me know how it goes as I have a similar set up :)

What if the user logs in via wordpress? Will they automatically get logged into Xenforo? The reason I ask is that I run a Wordpress site that runs off of a membership plugin. I want people to be able to login via Wordpress and be logged into Xenforo. Does your plugin do this?

What if the user logs in via wordpress? Will they automatically get logged into Xenforo? The reason I ask is that I run a Wordpress site that runs off of a membership plugin. I want people to be able to login via Wordpress and be logged into Xenforo. Does your plugin do this?
No, this plugin can't do that. It will disable the Wordpress users system and will create a bridge to the XenForo users table. So unless you convert all your Wordpress user accounts to xenForo, it will not work.
May be in a future version... Fighter1405 will answer to this question ;)

No, this plugin can't do that. It will disable the Wordpress users system and will create a bridge to the XenForo users table. So unless you convert all your Wordpress user accounts to xenForo, it will not work.
May be in a future version... Fighter1405 will answer to this question ;)

I don't know why there aren't any developers that want to create a Wordpress into Xenforo bridge/sync. The market is HUGE for this. Many sites are already running off wordpress and use wishlist member or another membership plugin, but want to add a forum component to their site. This plugin would be a big seller because Wordpress users have been crying out for something like this for years. The author of this plugin is missing out on a huge market. Sad. But somebody will pick this up eventually and be richly rewarded.

Top Bottom