XenScripts WordPress to XenForo Bridge [Paid] [Deleted]

As I said from Day 1 here at Xenforo, Wordpress is a nice leverage against slow development of Xenforo.
You might often be better making a Wordpress plugin than a Xenforo Addon.

Technically, my plugin is mostly a Wordpress plugin - it just takes the data from XenForo. I still honestly am not sure why it matters which way the data flows, either way there is the possibility you might have to import some data before installing my product.

... It may help if you posted the details of what's wrong, rather than "it doesn't work".
I posted on his support forum like I was told. I can repeat it here.

Hi, I bought the plugin here, but it seems like it isn't working for me. It's probably my fault, but maybe someone can help me out.

Infos: - The forum is installed on a sub-folder
- The forum use a different database as Wordpress
- The Wordpress is on a sub-folder yet acts like it isn't.
(Blog is without content)

Blog
Forum
My settings

We've been communicating on my forum, and I always suggest to people that they contact me on Skype if they're having more serious issues...

By only issue is that for wordpress posts, in the byline the username appears. How do I change it to show first and last name.

By only issue is that for wordpress posts, in the byline the username appears. How do I change it to show first and last name.

Would you mind clarifying? Can you take a snapshot or provide a link to your site? I'm trying to figure out if you are wanting to change something in your theme file or something in XenScripts.

Would you mind clarifying? Can you take a snapshot or provide a link to your site? I'm trying to figure out if you are wanting to change something in your theme file or something in XenScripts.

Of course. Right now I am doing my testing on a local MAMP server, so I won't be able to provide a login, but will go into further detail.

As you can see in the attached screenshot all of our posts have the author included in the byline. This one was myself Kevin Mitchell. In wordpress it is set to display the First and Last Name here instead of the User Name, which is Samus4145.

When I installed this plugin, because Xenforo is now handling all of the users, the name that would appear on all posts is now the username of Samus4145. In the comments section it uses the username as well which is perfect, but for the author byline I need to have a First and last name shown, not the username.

Is it possible using custom fields in the xenforo profiles to pull in first and last name into where the author name would be (by: author name), but still have the forums and comments section to still use the username instead?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-11-09 at 9.29.01 AM.webp
    Screen Shot 2012-11-09 at 9.29.01 AM.webp
    10.7 KB · Views: 9
Sorry, you are correct that XenScripts was down for a day - I had to perform some server maintenance.

It is possible to do what you're asking, but I'm not sure it's a normal application (most XF installations wouldn't record a first/last name). If you're proficient with PHP / have a site developer then I don't think this would be a difficult change to make. I can give you tips as to how you'd go about doing it =)

New members are not showing up on the forum statistics and are not showing up in the public member list, they do in the admin user list

Top Bottom