XenScripts WordPress to XenForo Bridge [Paid] [Deleted]

Hi guys, before I make the purchase, I'd like to know if my set up is compatible.

I have my forum set as a subfolder within the Wordpress directory, but the forum is set up on its own subdomain.

e.g.
www.example.com - blog
forum.example.com - forums

Is there an option for this?

Hi guys, before I make the purchase, I'd like to know if my set up is compatible.
I have my forum set as a subfolder within the Wordpress directory, but the forum is set up on its own subdomain.
e.g.
www.example.com - blog
Well, i would beleive that forum.example.com points to a folder like "/public_html/forum"?
Something like that, i do think would work. Don't quote me for it, you should ask the author directly. ;)

e.g.
www.example.com - blog

ask at xenscripts.com, search there as well.
Pretty sure your setup would work.
as long as they were both example.com

Well, i would beleive that forum.example.com points to a folder like "/public_html/forum"?
Something like that, i do think would work. Don't quote me for it, you should ask the author directly. ;)
Sounds reasonable.

ask at xenscripts.com, search there as well.
Pretty sure your setup would work.
as long as they were both example.com
I wish I could but it seems their entire forum is in this state of Error. I tried registering and even using the contact form, but still stuck at an error message.

And seems to be gone again.

Anyone know of any other Wordpress + Xenforo plugin with similar features. I can't see dishing out $39.99 for this, when they can't even keep their site online.

And seems to be gone again.

Anyone know of any other Wordpress + Xenforo plugin with similar features. I can't see dishing out $39.99 for this, when they can't even keep their site online.

http://network-tools.com/default.asp?prog=express&host=xenscripts.com

Shows timeout at 207.99.53.42 which is ...

http://whois.domaintools.com/207.99.53.42

Belonging to Linode

Please don't blame Jamie for something that isn't even under his control. I'm sure he'll work with the VPS Host to fix things.

To directly answer your question.
  1. People "dish out" a low price of $39.99 for a powerful script because they don't want to take the time to write it themselves. If you have the talent and time then go for it.
  2. aMember has a script
  3. XenForo Connector

Installed and working brilliantly.

Only one issue, the edit post button in WordPress no longer works as it is trying to reference a comment which is now held in the XenForo database.

It would seem the only option is to disable the edit button in WordPress, but every tutorial I have found is for old verions of WordPress.

Any thoughts?

Installed and working brilliantly.

Only one issue, the edit post button in WordPress no longer works as it is trying to reference a comment which is now held in the XenForo database.

It would seem the only option is to disable the edit button in WordPress, but every tutorial I have found is for old verions of WordPress.

Any thoughts?

Glad to hear it is working well for you =)

I'd suggest the simplest solution to remove the edit button would simply be to change it in the theme, you can probably comment out that part of the HTML. A quick change that should work.

Jamie

Hi guys, a couple of questions.

I use xfrocks old version of the bridge, but has given me headaches for quite a while so I'm looking at upgrading to this.
  • My wordpress theme has an 'about the author' section on the bottom, this is only changeable through wordpress but the xfrocks version always boots me to xenforo if I look at the users in wordpress (i.e. I can't change it without disabling the plugin). Does this do the same thing?
  • We have guest posters on my blog (usually people from the forum) so can I set up and control that group of people and the permissions to blog via xenforo?
  • For the comments, we have facebook and discus, would I need to disable discus to allow native comments from xenforo users?
Cheers,
Chris

Hi guys, a couple of questions.

I use xfrocks old version of the bridge, but has given me headaches for quite a while so I'm looking at upgrading to this.
  • My wordpress theme has an 'about the author' section on the bottom, this is only changeable through wordpress but the xfrocks version always boots me to xenforo if I look at the users in wordpress (i.e. I can't change it without disabling the plugin). Does this do the same thing?
  • We have guest posters on my blog (usually people from the forum) so can I set up and control that group of people and the permissions to blog via xenforo?
  • For the comments, we have facebook and discus, would I need to disable discus to allow native comments from xenforo users?
Cheers,
Chris

Hey Chris,

Thanks for the interest. My version will take some author information from XF and display it in WP - it depends on what exactly you need in the "about the author" section? However I've seen some sites use my plugin + an about the author section effectively.

For your second question, that's fine. The way you would do it is map one XenForo usergroup to a role in Wordpress (say contributor) - and then you can add people to that XF usergroup and they'll be able to make blog posts.

I honestly haven't tested with discus, but unfortunately I think it's unlikely to be compatible with Xenforo comments - they build far too much functionality on the top. You could, however, disable the comments part of my plugin and leave it as it currently is (only they won't be copied over to XF).

Let me know if you need more clarity or have any other questions!

Jamie

Hey Chris,

Thanks for the interest. My version will take some author information from XF and display it in WP - it depends on what exactly you need in the "about the author" section? However I've seen some sites use my plugin + an about the author section effectively.

For your second question, that's fine. The way you would do it is map one XenForo usergroup to a role in Wordpress (say contributor) - and then you can add people to that XF usergroup and they'll be able to make blog posts.

I honestly haven't tested with discus, but unfortunately I think it's unlikely to be compatible with Xenforo comments - they build far too much functionality on the top. You could, however, disable the comments part of my plugin and leave it as it currently is (only they won't be copied over to XF).

Let me know if you need more clarity or have any other questions!

Jamie

Hi Jamie,
Thanks for the clarification - sounds good to me!
I'll be ordering very soon!

Many thanks,
Chris

Top Bottom