Add-on XenReviews [CrowdFund]

Would you buy this add on?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Alfa1 I also like how that is done.

To the people that said they would invest, is that completely dependant on it being done with an escrow? I cannot find a site that functions like that. Any suggestions?

If we cannot find a site like that what can we do? Is there anything I can provide that would make you comfortable not using one? @The Sandman offered to act as an escrow but I feel that has the same risk.

@intradox thank you for your suggestions. I plan to integrate with the news feed. I like the idea of sharing with friends. Affiliate links will def be included. Uploading multiple images too (should each one review be able to upload images or just the first one [creating the product]).
I normally use escrow.com but that's for 1-1. You could try a normal kickstart-like site with reward tiers or some other method.

Would something like the resource manager's "featured resource" work? I had plans for implementing that, just didn't include it in this post on accident (I typed that post originally right before going to bed).
That's not really what I'm talking about. More like what IGN does with Editor's choice.: http://www.ign.com/games/reviews?editorsChoice=true

For them games that they highly recommend can be ticked "Editor's Choice"
Screen Shot 2013-10-10 at 5.53.13 PM.webp
Not really featured such a to show that it's of great quality. And they then have an option to filter only games that are editor's choice.

Ign seems to do it different than Alfa is proposing. It seems ign has each review as a thread with the ability to comment on each one whereas Alfa wants each review to be a post in the thread (Which is a product). Am I right?

IGN just uses a Wordpress page to post the review on. Actually its just an article same as XF pages. If I understand Intradox correctly then he wants to have an 'editors choice' function. I agree as this allows an official review which has more weight than other reviews.
This does not relate to how IGN is structured.

Sorry if it was confusing. Was not suggesting IGN's structure but merely their editor's choice feature.

No worries. I get it.

@BamaStangGuy @TheComputerGuy @Flexin @intradox @Gazhyde @denisx04 @Alfa1 @The Sandman - are you guys investing contingent on it being escrow? I can't find a group escrow site, the only one I found for escrow is what intradox recommended but it's for 1-on-1. If you guys are willing to take the chance, I'll set up the project on pozible? It's up to you. If not, I get it, we just need to find a solution. I'd love to use escrow but I can't find a source. I'll give you guys more information on me and provide whatever sort of insurance I possibly can.

I can't edit my initial post so I'm going to post the full feature list on xenmods.com (so it's possible for me to edit as we go) once I type it up to include the new ones (editor's pick, the paid listing types @Alfa1 suggested, switching the review to work as an item being the thread and reviews being the posts, etc). I'll also be adjusting the price to $3,000 USD (due to the additional features, dealing with payments, and making an importer for GARS once someone gives me the database structure).

Why not just get a lawyer and anyone interested, PM them the info to send the money to. If anything, have someone trusted, other than yourself, to get a lawyer to set it up. If people trust me, I have a lawyer that owes me a few favors and can get this set up quickly for everyone so we can start sending money to an escrow account.

Downside is legal fees and relying on the lawyer to be legit. Now if you guys want me to sign a contract saying I'll produce an addon with such and such feature set if at least $x is raised. I'll happily do that. As I've said I'll do whatever to make you guys feel comfortable. Escrow is obviously preferred if we can find a way. If not a contract is fine or some contact information, whatever you guys need. I enjoy this community and making add ons for this software. I'm not trying to throw that away.

Even though there are no services offering group escrow, doesn't mean it can't be done. Problem is that legally it would be a 1 on 1 contract, but if you are able to trust each other and work together it should offer no problem. You just have to pick one champion as an administrator and agree on the practical part before you start.

Whatever you all pick I'll go with. Just wondering how many people we have truly interested as at $3k we'll need at least 6+ people.

Are you planning any widgets? I would be interested in a full-width widget which used a thumbnail image and it's review score. Something like:
Screen Shot 2013-10-11 at 1.10.22 PM.webp
And perhaps even a sidebar one like IGN's:
Screen Shot 2013-10-11 at 1.30.50 PM.webp

I would guess at this point it'll be custom work but I feel it may be something others would like as well.

Widgets are super easy to make so I'll include them. I don't want to make the system rely on it though. The sidebar I'm planning to do on the left and without the framework just like the resource manager does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom