Add-on XenReviews [CrowdFund]

Would you buy this add on?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You could always code it yourself for free.

$90 is a fair price for the amount of hours that has gone into developing it.
That is a pretty poor argument against something's value.

That being said, anime reviews seem like an excellent use of this add-on especially if you could find away to scrape show data to build the item list automatically. And if your goal is making your site into something big and successful then $90 really isn't much in the long run.

Regardless, the 3 of you all seem to agree that it's more valuable than $90 and I'd like to not get too far off topic.

I can see how someone would see $90 as a lot for an add on but to counter that I'd like to point out that the code base is nearly as large as Xenforo itself. If you question it's worth, I'd like to invite you to come check out the demo site and see everything you get.

I think @eberkund misunderstood your intention.
Yeah maybe, depends whether those two statements were intended to be read together like: If you don't like the price, coding it yourself is the alternative, therefore if that is not feasible the price is fair.

Or whether it was meant to be read as: If you don't like the price, go away. But also $90 is a fair price based on other reasons.

I'm not saying I disagree with the price (I did buy the add-on after all). I was saying that just because someone chooses not to create a specific product themselves for whatever reason, does not mean that they do not have the right to question the price set by someone who does or that that price is an accurate valuation of the product.

Regardless, the 3 of you all seem to agree that it's more valuable than $90 and I'd like to not get too far off topic.

I can see how someone would see $90 as a lot for an add on but to counter that I'd like to point out that the code base is nearly as large as Xenforo itself. If you question it's worth, I'd like to invite you to come check out the demo site and see everything you get.
Lol, yes this is a little off topic.

@Daniel Hood, do you know when the next version is getting released? @Jeff Berry posted on the XR site that it was almost there but there were some small fixes he was waiting on.

While he was waiting for me to get on last night he ended up doing a lot of work on the grid. I believe he has a couple things left before he's content pushing it out to you guys.

I'm definitely interested in it when it becomes available.

So am I. But we hat too many changes at our site recently, so I have no problems, still to wait a little.

Btw, I suppose, it will run on XF2.0?

I'm just basing the cost off what I've spend on other Add-Ons really. Most I've spend I think was 30 for the TaigaChat. I do Like this review plugin, but not sure I can swing the $90 for it.

I'm just basing the cost off what I've spend on other Add-Ons really. Most I've spend I think was 30 for the TaigaChat. I do Like this review plugin, but not sure I can swing the $90 for it.
I understand the price is slightly higher than most other add-ons, however considering the time we've invested in the project we're still not profiting from it. It just helps to reimburse a fraction of our time. Also, the add-on is basically 4 add-ons bundled into one (3 larger add-ons, and one smaller one). All of the add-ons can also be used individually and have benefits outside of XenReviews itself. If you think about it that way, it's less than $25 per add-on.

I hope that as we continue to grow and get it pushed out there you'll realize the value in it :D

$90 for such an add-on is a bargain given the time invested and the number of licenses that can be sold. I'll take a look once it is ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom