1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XenQuotation 1.0.0

XenQuotation is an add-on for XenForo that allows your community members to save quotations.

1. SheepCow

SheepCow Well-Known Member

SheepCow submitted a new resource: XenQuotation

XenQuotation is an add-on for XenForo that allows your community members to save quotations.

Read more

2. twhiting9275

twhiting9275 Active Member

This seems to break the latest version of the widget framework

3. madshark

madshark Member

Would it be complicated to add the Share this bar to a Quotation display page?

4. Vilandra

Vilandra Active Member

Great and useful addon :) Were there changes from beta 3?

5. Sheldon

Sheldon Well-Known Member

Does anyone have the updated xenPorta block for this?

6. Sheldon

I'm guessing no one has messed with this in a while... :cry:

7. SheepCow

Adam Howard, Deebs, Veer and 2 others like this.
  8. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

Where is the edit button or option? I found the permission setting, but all I can do is delete (even though there is an edit permission)

9. Sheldon

When you go inside and see the quotation listing, it will appear at the end:

[​IMG]

It took me a while to locate it as well, cannot remember if I had to edit a permission or not.

Adam Howard likes this.
  10. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

Thank you :)

Not exactly where I expected it, but that is do-able

11. MsJacquiiC

MsJacquiiC Well-Known Member

This is really nice! Thanks for the share. If can please, I'd like to suggest a feature: When new quotes are added, post the fact in the Recent Activity feed, with link to the quote and to the quotations main page. Same when a user likes a quote.

J.

Morgain and Veer like this.
  12. MsJacquiiC

Another feature request would be a star rating system as I have at JPiC Potent Quoteables so users can rate quotes... Anyway - great share. Thanks again.

J.

Veer likes this.
  13. Hongsun Yoon

Hongsun Yoon Member

One of my favorite add-on. It would be great if user can 'Like' directly on XenPorta block. ;-)

14. MsJacquiiC

Yes - and be able to like on the actual quote page should be out-of-box feature.

15. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Does anyone have a screenshot of what this looks like in xenporta?

16. SheepCow

Sure, it looks like this:
    xenporta_block.png

I had it on my sidebar for this one ...

DRE likes this.
  17. Morgain

Morgain Well-Known Member

Can this be placed on the sidebar just by an <include> as I don't use xenporta?
    I mean an <include> statement that calls a template with the quotation in it.

18. SheepCow

If I recall correctly, I made it with a built-in ability to appear on the sidebar without any other add-ons. It comes with XenPorta and [bd] Widget Framework blocks in case you're using them -- if you're not the built-in should work fine.

Morgain likes this.
  19. gfc

gfc Active Member

Hmm, this could be "misused" as FAQ Section.. Just need to change some phrases.. would be awesome!

20. Sasa

Sasa Active Member

How to solve problem with numbers characters in Context field? If it is too many characters shows this server error.

Code:
    Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli statement execute error : Data too long for column 'attributed_context' at row 1 - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214

#0 /home/*********/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(297): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute(Array)
    #1 /home/*********/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
    #2 /home/*********/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(574): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('INSERT INTO `xq...', Array)
    #3 /home/*********/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1591): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert('xq_quotation', Array)
    #4 /home/*********/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1580): XenForo_DataWriter->_insert()
    #5 /home/*********/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1381): XenForo_DataWriter->_save()
    #6 /home/*********/public_html/library/XenQuotation/ControllerPublic/Quote.php(481): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
    #7 /home/*********/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(310): XenQuotation_ControllerPublic_Quote->actionSave()
    #8 /home/*********/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
    #9 /home/*********/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
    #10 {main}

array(3) {
      ["url"] => string(33) "http://caskanja.net/quotes/0/save"
      ["_GET"] => array(0) {
      }
      ["_POST"] => array(9) {
        ["attributedTo"] => string(12) "admin, "
        ["attributedDate"] => string(10) "17.09.2010"
        ["context"] => string(256) "U temi o znańćaju vernosti,  je pre samog citata napisala i: Mislim da je tragicnije biti fizicki veran, a sa mislima negde drugde... Mislim da je to daleko i podlije. Takodje, nije mi na cast, ali ja sam svoje grehe priznala i oprosteni su mi..."
        ["quotation_html"] => string(57) "<p>A "neka se baci kamenom onaj koji je bez greha..."</p>"
        ["_xfRelativeResolver"] => string(39) "http://caskanja.net/quotes/create-quote"
        ["_xfToken"] => string(53) "2,1349701173,cfe3e7c1d13464cf35225f7e05200055c6155375"
        ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(20) "/quotes/create-quote"
        ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
        ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
      }