Resource icon

XenQuotation 1.0.0

No permission to download
That looks like a bit of a bug, the text box shouldn't let you put in more than 255 characters - or the field in the DB needs to be made longer

The latest development version (on github) has a fix by making the column in the database larger. I plan to make the text field have a max length to limit it also but that's not done yet.

I would like the quotes box to appear in the header to the right of hte logo.
I saw it on Jacqui's site ... want! How?

Hey Morgain - I saw you registered on my forum = woohoo :D
The random quotes block you see in my header is not part of this add-on. I use a random quotes javascript to rotate my quotes. I'm not sure how you could make this add-on random quote feature rotate in the header...

Finally tried it out (timid me) but although I can create a quotation and it shows in the listing page, it does not show on the sidebar.
I think this is because I comment out almost all the standard xen sidebar and use my own.
Any chance of a code snippet to insert the quotation block?

OK I finally found it appearing but it only appears on the forumlist - I understand that because XF only has that sidebar on that page.
But I have a sidebar on every page so I need to put an include on my sidebar template to get the quotation to display.

Template searches do not show me where you have an include.

All I can see is xenquotation uses a container template eg xenquote_forumlist_random_quote
which contains a content template.
But how does xenquote_forumlist_random_quote
get in the forumlist template?

I noticed that everytime I save a quote it becomes moderated. How do I prevent that from happening?

wow i never even seem that option before shame on me. didn't look hard enough. all i saw was xenquotation: random rotation. why is there two separate admin options?

Thank you for this addon.
When placing the new block on index layout through XenPorta, the block does not appear.
Correct rights have been set in Usergroups and Xenporta Blocks.
Any idea?

What is the possibility of having the ability to like within the actual quote instead of the listing page.... people don't really know if they like a quote until they've read the entire thing :)

quotes.webp
It would just make more sense to me for a like to be available within this page :)

What is the possibility of having the ability to like within the actual quote instead of the listing page.... people don't really know if they like a quote until they've read the entire thing :)

View attachment 54550
It would just make more sense to me for a like to be available within this page :)

yes, it would be fine if the Like button/text link would be within the quote. hope this will be implemented soon.

View attachment 54550
You can view the entire quote in the thread view will the help of tooltips hence the author might have given the like button there.

Top Bottom