• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

XenPorta v1.4.5 BETA TEST!

Shouldn't the top left and the top right location have the same width? Same with the other positions too?

top left.webp

So far so good, many of my custom blocks from previous version are working new block code is little dif but nothing hard
Conclusion PERFECT for beta version

One thing that is little messy is 2 options for module placing one in admin cp layout and customize this page, it could work only with one of them?

One thing that is little messy is 2 options for module placing one in admin cp layout and customize this page, it could work only with one of them?
The one in the adminCP is the global default settings... the "customize this page" link is not global, its for individual users, and is handled by a permission. Only the portal layout can be customized by users.

I created a 2nd module called RecentThreads2. I put them side by side in the top position. Each have a different style layout when they are side by side. See example below:

Capture1.webpCapture2.webp

I created a 2nd module called RecentThreads2. I put them side by side in the top position. Each have a different style layout when they are side by side. See example below:

View attachment 19149View attachment 19150
That is correct... the RecentThreads template has conditions to give it the "small" layout if you move it to a small block area (column 1 or 3). You will have to edit out these conditions to use these side by side.

This seems to be a css issue and weird placement of the SEO buttons for facebook, +1 and Twitter. The first picture shows the SEO buttons at the top. Plus it also shows a weird configuration of the postbits. This look happens if I have this forum selected as my news block for my portal homepage. The second pictures shows the comments and editor aligned to the left as well as the breadcrumbs. This is also when I have the news block selected to this forum. The Seo Buttons are at the top and bottom of the page. If I de-select the forum everything returns to normal.

Capture3.webpCapture4.webp

This seems to be a css issue and weird placement of the SEO buttons for facebook, +1 and Twitter. The first picture shows the SEO buttons at the top. Plus it also shows a weird configuration of the postbits. This look happens if I have this forum selected as my news block for my portal homepage. The second pictures shows the comments and editor aligned to the left as well as the breadcrumbs. This is also when I have the news block selected to this forum. The Seo Buttons are at the top and bottom of the page. If I de-select the forum everything returns to normal.

View attachment 19157View attachment 19158
Does look like that to me on my test site with the default skin...

Im struggling a bit here, so hoping someone may be able to help!

Once ive created a block, where do I place the HTML for that block?

Jaxel, I'm no beter tester but that is most impressive work. Seeing that more and more people are asking CMS feature where XenPorta does mostly and now pretty much everything what has been asked, I wonder if it were more suitable to seperate the CMS functions from XenPorta and make it a new add-on called XenCMS :)

So that people don't keep asking and you keep telling them "why don't you use XenPorta"

I don't know if this is the appropriate place to suggest that or if it's doable but it seems like there is potential for that.

Im struggling a bit here, so hoping someone may be able to help!

Once ive created a block, where do I place the HTML for that block?
Whats the block_id of your block? If the ID of your block is "NewBlock"; then create a template called "EWRporta_Block_NewBlock" and a style sheet called "EWRporta_Block_NewBlock.css" if needed.

I wonder if it were more suitable to seperate the CMS functions from XenPorta and make it a new add-on called XenCMS :) So that people don't keep asking and you keep telling them "why don't you use XenPorta"
XenPorta is not a CMS in any sense of the word. It does not manage content; all content within XenPorta is XenForo content, it uses the content of your forums itself. XenCarta is far more a CMS than XenPorta will ever be.

XenPorta is not a CMS in any sense of the word. It does not manage content; all content within XenPorta is XenForo content, it uses the content of your forums itself. XenCarta is far more a CMS than XenPorta will ever be.

Maybe content is not created with XenPorta but the functionalities the way it expands XenForo makes it prety much like a CMS portal.

I think the enhancements towards article view and url structure and other various new features would easily make a CMS add-on. People who only want to use a simple portal function would prefer XenPorta while another add-on would expand it to a platform that controls content, sidebars and other various enhancements. Make it even compactiable with each other...

I myself don't mind XenPorta becomming these new awesome features. Only, every thread created that asks for cms functionalities I'm looking for you to tell the author such add-on already exists. Maybe it would give you some peace :D

That said, it would populate your work as I imagine it's much as it is.

Thanks Jaxel, That worked a treat - And is an awful lot easier then the current version of XenPortal.

One point for anyone else following Jaxels steps above - It should read
create a template called "EWRporta_Block_NewBlock"
instead of
create a template called "EWRporta_Blocks_NewBlock"

I have made the release candidate for XenPorta v1.5.0 (I decided to bump the version number) available in the first post of this thread. Since this is technically a beta, you shouldn't be installing it unless you are absolutely comfortable.

Top Bottom