XenPorta 2 Showcase Blocks

Thom Tyler

Looking for a developer to create me Showcase Blocks to work with XenPorta 2 just as the stock showcase blocks for Xenforo do.

£ waiting.

Just to confirm - this is for @Bob 's add-on, Showcase. Much to my disappointment, he is not making the blocks following a dispute / point of principle with Jaxel.

You can see the add-on at http://xenaddons.com/

I'm looking for someone to make these blocks so I can use XenPorta 2 with Showcase, as currently I cannot.

I will provide the test environment and both systems in my development board for the work to take place if required, but if you own both software(s) it will be easier.

Last edited:
I can tell you Jaxel won't because he doesn't own it. Its possible he would given access to a site. He has done similar work before. However should be quick and easy money for any dev.

I cant make widgets for addons I don't use. A lot of people ask for XFMG widgets, but I don't use that as I have my own XenMedio and its incompatible with XFMG because they both use the same "media" route.

I cant make widgets for addons I don't use. A lot of people ask for XFMG widgets, but I don't use that as I have my own XenMedio and its incompatible with XFMG because they both use the same "media" route.
I dont think it is same route. @Chris D can respond that ;)

It is not the same route.

XFMG's default route is xengallery. A route filter is pre-installed which changes it from xengallery => media.

I did this specifically so you could install the gallery and XenMedio side by side. All you'd need to do is install XFMG and change the route filter to be xengallery => gallery or similar.

It is not the same route.

XFMG's default route is xengallery. A route filter is pre-installed which changes it from xengallery => media.

I did this specifically so you could install the gallery and XenMedio side by side. All you'd need to do is install XFMG and change the route filter to be xengallery => gallery or similar.
Ah... That's cool.

I cant make widgets for addons I don't use.

I disagree; you can. You just don't want to. I'm sure there's numerous developers that would give you development licenses so you could see the code to create these blocks to build a bridge. From my experience, all the developers of big add ons (both in terms of size and popularity) like XenForo Media Gallery (formerly XenMediaGallery), Showcase, StockTrader, etc are very friendly people and love to help to do things to improve the XenForo ecosystem.

I've never once used your portal, yet I've made XenPorta blocks. I've never used Showcase, I maintain the integration between Bookmarks and Showcase. I've never used XenMediaGallery, I was able to integrate my hashtagging add on. It's a matter of if you're willing to reach out to the dev and ask for (and in return give) cooperation.

Even I know that is nothing but hog swill. To many other add-on coders are able to do it. Are you saying that you don't have that ability?

Top Bottom