Add-on XenPorta 2.0 Portal & Framework Crowd-Fund!

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the way I want to do the promotion system... I could easily program that in, but it won't be on the first pass of features.
I would like to see that that be within the first pass of features, as to me that is core functionality of a portal - the power and flexibility to take content from within your site and display it on the homepage, with lots of different methods to slice/dice/select the data to display.

Is 2.0 just a rewrite with current functionality? Or will it include additional functionality? Can we see a list of the functionality that 2.0 would include?

PS - @Jaxel You might want to add this link to the other XenPorta thread and maybe even the XenPorta Resource download thread as I dont think every XenPorta user will visit this section but they all visit that thread.

Is 2.0 just a rewrite with current functionality? Or will it include additional functionality? Can we see a list of the functionality that 2.0 would include?
The first pass will be to rewrite current functionality. Then additional functionality will be added. The problem is with the current code, its very hard to add new functionality.

@Jaxel
How much input do the crowd funders have on the features of the finished product?
I am taking recommendations from all... However, beta users will have more direct input, since they will be able to give their recommendations on the product as it develops.

Pledged for a branding-free license. :) Only thing I'd want is the ability to disable the widget system for performance reasons, in favour of using @xfrocks's widget framework as I do already. Your stated intention to allow XenPorta to use WF widgets native is definitely a good alternative, though.

If this project funds and my money is taken, can I remove the branding from my current install until 2.0 is released?

Thanks Jaxel. I will talk to my people about getting some money into this. I would do it myself however I hit a deer the other day and there goes all my cash lol.

Pledged @ $300. Really looking forward to this as long as there's ongoing support! Good luck on the campaign!

no-brainer for sure!

over $1000 already as of January 25, 2014 17:10 CST.. 9 people have made contributions

Heck Yeah. I talked to my guys and they are going to put in but want to wait. The way its going looks good. I hope to have the opportunity to put in even if its full. Going to need a copy for my personal site in the future.

I bought XenMedio Pro from you, and you offer ZERO support on that, too.

You make excellent add-ons, Jaxel, but until I see you offering any support on your paid programs, you'll get no crowd funding from me:(
I only bought Medio Pro recently, but the problems I have had have been addressed by Jaxel rather promptly. It's of course your decision whether you trust a developer or not, though.

If you include the two years it was out before the implementation of the XenForo Resource Manager, it has been downloaded more times and has more response posts than any other addon. As such, I have in the past been unable to support XenPorta; especially since it was free.
I reckon that once the new xenporta is out, even more people will seek help. Are you saying you will be able/willing to provide support to those people?

I reckon that once the new xenporta is out, even more people will seek help. Are you saying you will be able/willing to provide support to those people?
At minimum, I will be making an official wiki to answer the most common questions. More often then not, the questions for XenPorta are always the same questions over and over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom