Resource icon

XenMoods 1.1.3

No permission to download
I will have to find a solution, not sure how to approach it yet. :)

I don't think it's such a big issue. The spacing issue is down to the v1 icons conflicting with the size of the v2 variants. the height on the v1 are 30px whilst the v2 are 26px but once I wrap up the icons I think this won't be an issue. The reason I mentioned it is that there maybe a time when I use a slightly larger heighted mood icon to convey a mood and it would be nice to have this issue fixed but at this time it's not a great problem as the v1s are all being replaced.

On a related note. And in the same pop-up box I did notice that when I add new mood icons they aren't alphabetically listed. I'll need to look into it more after I spent some time with the script but I think if this is a bug of some sort then it maybe something to watch out for.

Back to designing those moods, so many I'm about to go into one. A mood that is. :)

Here's a screenshot of the box and you'll notice the "balanced should be displayed further up with the "b" catergory.

Attachments

• mood_alphabetcally_listed.webp
    mood_alphabetcally_listed.webp
    17.4 KB · Views: 53
XenMoods 1.0.3 released!
  • Alphabetically sorted mood chooser.
  • User profile mood positioning fix (redo member_view template edit).
  • Fix mood chooser for differing mood image heights.
  • Some code improvements.
Please redo the edit for the member_view template. It has been changed.

The spacing issue is down to the v1 icons conflicting with the size of the v2 variants. the height on the v1 are 30px whilst the v2 are 26px but once I wrap up the icons I think this won't be an issue.
Fixed in 1.0.3. A heap of browser-specific fixes needed for this one... Damn you, inline-block! :D
On a related note. And in the same pop-up box I did notice that when I add new mood icons they aren't alphabetically listed. I'll need to look into it more after I spent some time with the script but I think if this is a bug of some sort then it maybe something to watch out for.
Not a bug per se, the query used to fetch moods in the chooser was sorted by mood ID number. I agree with you that they should be sorted alphabetically, and it is done.

Fixed in 1.0.3. A heap of browser-specific fixes needed for this one... Damn you, inline-block! :D

Not a bug per se, the query used to fetch moods in the chooser was sorted by mood ID number. I agree with you that they should be sorted alphabetically, and it is done.

Very nice and a very welcomed fix. I'm tempted to upgrade but I don't want to rename the extensions one by one again. :P Again, nice work Dismounted. :)

I'm tempted to upgrade but I don't want to rename the extensions one by one again. :p
Upgrading to 1.0.3 from 1.0.2 will preserve any existing moods, and won't add any new ones. Upgrading from 1.0.1 will add the "No Mood" mood (if the file exists).

Upgrading to 1.0.3 from 1.0.2 will preserve any existing moods, and won't add any new ones. Upgrading from 1.0.1 will add the "No Mood" mood (if the file exists).

Just upgraded t0 v1.0.3 from v1.0.1 and it went flawlessly without any issues and maintained my v2 moods. Looking much better with the alphabetical listings and alignments. Great job. Very happy with this upgrade. :)

Attachments

• mood_listings_fixed_preview.webp
    mood_listings_fixed_preview.webp
    18.2 KB · Views: 38
I'll have to install this and check it out.
Now I think its time to install this one... sounding really excellent now many little issues are fixed.

It's coming along very nicely. I'm very happy with it and it's enticed me to further develop mood icons at a very nice pace. The only thing I would suggest at this time is that the placement in the profile could be better. Perhaps shift it over to the left hand side under the Usertitle. And remove the mood (chooser) from the navLink accountPopup area as it's on forumhome and doesn't need to be in this location.

Although this could be done easy enough by the end user, I would like to see those suggestions applied. If not, no worries it's a very good script and progressing nicely at such an early stage.

Edit: I just removed the code from the navigation_visitor_tab template. So it doesn't show in the account popup menu. The profile page suggestion might be worth a try @Dismounted. :)

Attachments

• Navbar_accountpopup_area.webp
    Navbar_accountpopup_area.webp
    10 KB · Views: 51
  • Profile_mood_placement.webp
    Profile_mood_placement.webp
    12.6 KB · Views: 45
Why are we having to do so many template edits, compared to say VB3? Is it because of the beta nature of XF?

I hate editing templates...

Nice mod though, I would suggest having the mood underneath the members name in postbit though.

The only thing I would suggest at this time is that the placement in the profile could be better. Perhaps shift it over to the left hand side under the Usertitle.
I will give it a go and see how it looks and works.
And remove the mood (chooser) from the navLink accountPopup area as it's on forumhome and doesn't need to be in this location.
Seems like this location is unpopular. I'll get rid of it in the next release.
Why are we having to do so many template edits, compared to say VB3? Is it because of the beta nature of XF?
Yer... does XF allow XML insertion as part of the install file, or not? Merge?
XenForo's templating system does not really take into account any modifications to default templates. I could probably go and modify them on runtime, or at install, but I don't think that is the best way to go.

I will give it a go and see how it looks and works.

Seems like this location is unpopular. I'll get rid of it in the next release.

XenForo's templating system does not really take into account any modifications to default templates. I could probably go and modify them on runtime, or at install, but I don't think that is the best way to go.

Thanks for looking into it Dismounted. There may even be a better location in the profile the shifting it to the right was the obvious choice and as stated there may well be a better placement for this. In it's current location it just seems the mood icon is alone. :)

@Booth - If I'm not mistaken you can limit the amount of template edits by not having the mood chooser in every location listed in the script such as in the navbar popup, profile that alone would cut the template edits by 2.

Many thanks to Dismounted and Shelley for this terrific addon! :) My users in my old forum loved this functionality and it´s a must-have for my first xenForo-board either.

Many thanks to Dismounted and Shelley for this terrific addon! :) My users in my old forum loved this functionality and it´s a must-have for my first xenForo-board either.

Thanks for the comment but dismounted created the add-on not me I only designed the mood icons. he deserves all the credit for developing such a wonderful script. Which imo, is so user friendly, layout brilliantly deployed. :)

Reactions: D37
Top Bottom