Resource icon

XenMoods 1.1.3

No permission to download
Hmmmm.... going to have to look at this one, being that it can be controlled via an additional usergroup and sold as an account upgrade. Very nice...

Many addons require you to make template edits regardless of what stage the forum is in. Currently, though, it works just fine with the latest Beta, although I can understand your reason to wait. I've went through many beta forums (and some gold ones too) that after a slight upgrade, I had to go back in and change how the addon is setup (few times, they completely redid how the scripting worked and I had to find where the new stuff was and adapt the script to the change).

Thats my primary concern. I hate when I add a mod, then a day or 2 later like clockwork a forum update comes out, I update it, then get errors left and right and end up with a mess my members hate.

Some add-ons require template edits but not all. A VB mood one (hate to say it) but unless you had a heavily edited skin, would do everything for you. No edits at all. And if you had to all you did was add a small line and that was it. We'll see what comes though. :)

Some add-ons require template edits but not all. A VB mood one (hate to say it) but unless you had a heavily edited skin, would do everything for you. No edits at all. And if you had to all you did was add a small line and that was it. We'll see what comes though. :)
Not much I can do about template edits short of processing and adding all the edits at runtime - which would drain on the performance.

Great mod thanks Dismounted, just a coupla things about it:

1. The mood under the avatar seems to be slightly left of the avatar, not quite centered under it - well that's how it seems to me anyway, could be my eyes.
2. Be good if the default was to have no mood. While it seems appropriate, has given all my members the spaced one lol :D.
3. Try to select a different mood, nothing happens and the window won't close. Click off it and sometimes just go to a blank page, and sometimes back to the original one but with the initial mood.

The mood under the avatar seems to be slightly left of the avatar, not quite centered under it - well that's how it seems to me anyway, could be my eyes.
I just checked my Git repository for the add-on, it seems that the fix for that was checked in just after I finalised the 1.0.1 build. It will be in the next build, I promise you that. :) (You can actually see the screenshots on the first post showing the fix included.)
git.webp
Be good if the default was to have no mood. While it seems appropriate, has given all my members the spaced one lol :D.
Haha. Just FYI, the default mood on installation is picked up randomly, it goes to whichever mood is loaded into the database first. You can (obviously) change the default mood to whichever you like after installation. I will try and figure out an elegant solution for "no mood".
Try to select a different mood, nothing happens and the window won't close. Click off it and sometimes just go to a blank page, and sometimes back to the original one but with the initial mood.
Weird, do you know if there are any consistent situations where this happens under?

I'll post it in a moment. That's if you require one.

Attachments

• none.gif
    none.gif
    980 bytes · Views: 17
  • none.webp
    none.webp
    472 bytes · Views: 18
I'll post it in a moment. That's if you require one.

I'm sure some people will appreciate it. :) In any case, I just place it into the right directory and package it into the next release. The script automatically does the rest for me.

I've included the gif and png variant though once I release the v2 pack it'll be structured better this v1 pack is a nightmare to manage. Anyway I uploaded them in my previous post for you. :)

I just checked my Git repository for the add-on, it seems that the fix for that was checked in just after I finalised the 1.0.1 build. It will be in the next build, I promise you that. :) (You can actually see the screenshots on the first post showing the fix included.)

Cool, wasn't a biggy, just a tad annoying once I'd noticed it ;)

Haha. Just FYI, the default mood on installation is picked up randomly, it goes to whichever mood is loaded into the database first. You can (obviously) change the default mood to whichever you like after installation. I will try and figure out an elegant solution for "no mood".

To mind it would be nice to have them not displayed in the thread postbit and membercard if they haven't selected a mood. Would leave them in the profile and userblock though.

Weird, do you know if there are any consistent situations where this happens under?

I disabled all the other mods I had installed and it seems to work now, guess it's conflicting with something there, I'll go through and see if I can find which one when I get home from work.

I don't think I gave you enough credit Dismounted. I just installed the mood script and I like how your able to select a mood from several locations (especially the postbit). Nice touch there. I'm not so much keen on the mood showing in the account popup menu though I feel you should remove this out on the next release (I'll not insert it in the location anyway).

The new moods I'm working on show up perfectly in the admincp mood listing I thought I'd take a screenshot for everyone to see (they are the first two moods on the list) as well as other screenshots in other areas to get a feeling what moods are coming. :)

Anyway, nice job I'll probably post some suggestions soon the longer I'm on my test forum testing this out. (screenshots below)

Attachments

• Admincp_listing.webp
    Admincp_listing.webp
    8.7 KB · Views: 46
  • postbit_view.webp
    postbit_view.webp
    9.3 KB · Views: 45
  • Selector_forumhome.webp
    Selector_forumhome.webp
    5.3 KB · Views: 41
I've just rolled out 1.0.2. These are the most important changes.
  • Centering of mood images in avatar holder.
  • Add "No Mood" image (as default).

I don't think I gave you enough credit Dismounted.
Thank you. :cool:
I'm not so much keen on the mood showing in the account popup menu though I feel you should remove this out on the next release (I'll not insert it in the location anyway).
I think that's one of the reasons why all the display locations have a style property attached to them. Chacun ses goûts!

Thank you. :cool:

I think that's one of the reasons why all the display locations have a style property attached to them. Chacun ses goûts!

I did notice an alignment issue when you use different sized mood icons. Because I'm working on the v2 moods which are slightly smaller and replacing the v1 mood icons as the new moods are being designed the alignment of the icons (height) differ slightly and produce the following results? Anychace in rectifying this issue in the next update.

edit: this is using the previous update to the one you just made. :) I haven't installed the latest update.

Attachments

• mood_selector_popupbox.webp
    mood_selector_popupbox.webp
    20.3 KB · Views: 41
Top Bottom