• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

xenLetter

lol yea, i was using my old one and i didnt think it would be much different but i guess it was lol.

Wow, I haven't even had chance to look at xenForo yet and you guys are already writing add ons!
I think this is going to be a vibrant developers community.

I'd like to see where this think will allow us to use a HTML news letter template so we can create some really cool looking ones instead of just getting some plain graphics and text.

You can edit the phrase: xenletter_html

As I mentioned before its Beta so the look and feel of it is going to change as I release more. The email is just plain for now, doesn't use graphics, uses CSS.

You can edit the phrase: xenletter_html

As I mentioned before its Beta so the look and feel of it is going to change as I release more. The email is just plain for now, doesn't use graphics, uses CSS.

I understand, i was just making a suggestion. CSS is nice too. Will we be able to use a CSS template that we can create with it?

With some modifying, yes. Right now I haven't setup for an option of a custom css template.

Update: v2 will be released by the end of the weekend. In version 2 I have removed options that are no longer needed. Instructions will be provided for adding custom content to the email and editing the sponsors block. Also made the email and the display page prettier. LOL

Could this be made so that it can be sent to all users instead of just subscribed members?

That is an option I am including in this version where you can send to all users or just subscribed.

UPDATE: I have just uploaded v2, I will be adding instructions for editing content tomorrow in my first post of this thread.

UPDATE: I have just uploaded v2, I will be adding instructions for editing content tomorrow in my first post of this thread.
V2 not installing for me, I get this...

Fatal error: Call to a member function query() on a non-object in /XXXX/XXXX/XXXX/forums/library/XenLetter/Alterdb.php on line 14

Nope, didn't install it. I don't want to customize any db/code or do big template changes, but followed it since alpha testing.

Top Bottom