• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

xenLetter

I have uploaded an update that fixes the bug and a screenshot to show where the subscribe link is.

I also recommended that everyone who currently has this installed upgrade to 2.1.1 as there was a typing error in the subscribe template that caused the Subscribe link to not appear.

You must upgrade to v2.1.1 that I just uploaded a few minutes ago. There is a typo in the template that controls the links which is preventing the Subscribe link from appearing.

How are the emails sent out? Does the server simply sent out one big batch of emails, or is an amount scheduled to send every X minutes?

Currently sends out a big batch if you use the option to send to every member, otherwise you can simply just use the subscribed option to send out and the batch isn't so big. I am working on making it so no matter what option it will send out so many per minute to avoid tripping spam alarms.

Currently sends out a big batch if you use the option to send to every member, otherwise you can simply just use the subscribed option to send out and the batch isn't so big. I am working on making it so no matter what option it will send out so many per minute to avoid tripping spam alarms.

Good stuff - I look forward to that update :)

Just installed for testing. I think there is some styling issues with the lates XenForo version.

I have also some suggestions:

- Allow / Disallow user groups for subscription.
- Subscription forums selectable via admin area. Admins are able to define which forums are open for subscription.
- More control over thread & article iformation. Admins are able to define wheather they want to include the posters username, thread date, forum information etc in subscription e-mails.
- E-Mail templates. Admins are able to choose from various e-mail templates. I usally would prefer a simple interface where the threads are categorized as their forums. Just an introduction, and then latest threads and finish sentence and thats about it.

I hope this add-on gets more attention. Thank you Steve M, for bringing such a nice add-on to life.

is this addon still being developed? ..

the newsletter itself needs some maintenance... forums statistics are not updated, everything is set at zero... newest member is not listed... xenletter_right_custom block has placemarker.. so does spaceholder for sponsors... Please advise

Sorry everyone, I just got released from jail on some ******** charges, its taken care of and yes once I get things in my life straight over the next week then I will start developing it again.

Sorry everyone, I just got released from jail on some bull**** charges, its taken care of and yes once I get things in my life straight over the next week then I will start developing it again.

Glad you are with us again Steve, hope things turn out good for you.

I'm talking with my host and seeing if they will reinstate me and let me slide on the bill till the beginning of April so I can get back to coding.

Ok I have to wait till the first week of April to get back to work on this stuff as I don't have the money to take care of my hosting.

Ok I have to wait till the first week of April to get back to work on this stuff as I don't have the money to take care of my hosting.

I can provide you one Steve if you want. looking forward to see this add-on gets developed.

Top Bottom