• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Xenforo Wordpress Theme

Haha, no problem & thanks anyway. Is there a way to donate to you? Your WP theme still needs a lot of work and I would like to see that happening (faster) ... :)

Just wanted to say thanks for creating this :). I'm a noob to Wordpress and Xenforo, alongside lacking any programming skills too :cry: but wanted to try something 'different' .. www.wills-kate.com . I guess you all may think it is totally naff, but interested to see if it gets any response.
I'm currently a bit stuck with 2 small points:
- there's a thin grey bar at the top of the home page (Xenpress) that drops when you enter Send Your Greeting (Xenforo) .. how can I add it back?
- the copyright message under the photo I cannot seem to make smaller. Tried editing these lines in style.css but no joy.
Code:
.wp-caption p.wp-caption-text {
    font-size: 8px;
    line-height: 10px;
    margin: 0;
    padding: 3px 5px 0px 5px;
    text-align: left;
}

Any other ideas as to what I could include very welcome and, if you are looking forward to the Royal Wedding do 'Send Your Greeting' (y) (it's just gone live and only mine so far :cry:)
Thanks again
JohnH

I can't help on the first point as I'm not about to send a greeting ;)

For the second point, the class for the copyright text is: wp-caption-dd

the next version is coming along soon, I made some changes with layout I was not happy with and fixed a few css problems finally. I use a darker version on my own site also.

Attachments

• test.webp
    test.webp
    64.1 KB · Views: 19
  • test2.webp
    test2.webp
    34.2 KB · Views: 26
okay my demo site has the latest version up now so a few more fixes here and there and I will upload it here sometime in the next few days.
http://tak79.com

And did you hard-code the page title to be tak79.com?

that's fixed now.
PHP:
 <title><?php if(is_home()) { echo bloginfo('name'); } else { wp_title('') ;} ?></title>

Does the theme work with WP 3.1?

yes. pretty much all 3x versions will be okay.

Is it possible to get the drop down log in box working on the theme like when logging in on the forums?

I've been thinking about doing this :)

thx for update but there is a problem bout search box
localhost/wordpress --> my local wp
if i wanna search something in this theme it loads "localhost/?s=something"
and the "home" navtab is redirect to "localhost"

thx for update but there is a problem bout search box
localhost/wordpress --> my local wp
if i wanna search something in this theme it loads "localhost/?s=something"
and the "home" navtab is redirect to "localhost"

how is your domain url set up in wordpress admin?

you could try
PHP:
<?php echo home_url(); ?>

in the template and see what url is returned, the mainpage link is just a link with '/' value to take you back to the main domain, the search function is meant to produce that link, like http://tak79.com/?s=wordpress.
http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/the_search_query

Top Bottom