Xenforo & Wordpress Bridge

Deepmartini

Everyone knows the crap forum called BBpress is like the ugly stepchild of Wordpress, left alone and abandoned. SimplePressForum (a Wordpress Plugin) is a good start but doesn't have the "wow" factor but integrates perfectly with Wordpress.

If Xenforo could release a Wordpress plugin that has full integration with Wordpress including all user information and a single login, it would be a POWERHOUSE. Do you know how many Wordpress sites want to add a forum to their site but can't?

Any mods like this coming?

Upvote 46
I've just set up a WP site that I plan to use xF on, so I'll be writing (or contributing to efforts to write) one.
Wow! This would definitely be a huge plus for those wanting/needing a cms and/or blogs to go with XF from the start. It would also open up many doors to WP users looking for a better forum that can integrate with WP. Forum admins can alternatively use the main WP blog as a cms with help from many themes, while using the WP system to allow users to create their own custom blogs. You solve cms and blogs for XF! And these are all customizable by the admin and the users. The possibilities are grand...and the options are abundant.

A few things I would wonder about:
  • Usernames in WP's frontend (all blogs) to be linked to XF profiles?
  • A link to the individual user's WP blog inside their XF profile?
  • Options to choose WP as root or XF as root. Options to choose WP & XF in subdomains. Options to put them where ever you want. Cookies might be an issue? Just a thought since everyone would prefer one over the other. And some might choose WP blogs as subdomains for users (username.yoursite.com).
Good luck & thanks bunches!

ive always tried to suggest people dont launch with all the features. its nice to have things on hand to introduce in one way or another.
I think the problem with these bigger add ons is that those who want it, really think they need everything that you can think of, because they want it. Where in reality they will use 25% of the feature list, and only 50% of that incidentally.

I still vote for site owners to not try to complete their site with filling it up with features, but rather focus on completing the content on the site to become a resource for their members. Complimenting it with additional features to make their moderating work and content management easier and more logical.

i wouldnt mind of there was a way to use xenforo as a wordpress plug-in
i would pay $ for the XenForo plug in and not use the 'classic' xf if it were possible.

Yes, that's the purpose of having the bridge. A single sign-on to be able to comment on the forums as well as comment on posts using WP's blog system.

I'd be willing to pay for this and I'm sure that a few others would as well. Let's get the resources lined up and working from the get-go on this one, eh folks ;)

Count me in also for a wp<>xf bridge, as I will probably be using it for homepage/article system, at least until XenCMS or something comes along from Kier and Mike. :)

I've just set up a WP site that I plan to use xF on, so I'll be writing (or contributing to efforts to write) one.
That's interesting. I haven't (properly) used WP before but it may be an option to replace IPB3 + IP.Content with WP + XF.

The great thing about IPB3/IPC is that when someone posts a comment to an article, that comment is also shown on the corresponding forum thread (and vice versa). Would this be possible?

Edit: The other issue is global search.

Everyone knows the crap forum called BBpress is like the ugly stepchild of Wordpress, left alone and abandoned. SimplePressForum (a Wordpress Plugin) is a good start but doesn't have the "wow" factor but integrates perfectly with Wordpress.

If Xenforo could release a Wordpress plugin that has full integration with Wordpress including all user information and a single login, it would be a POWERHOUSE. Do you know how many Wordpress sites want to add a forum to their site but can't?

Any mods like this coming?
+1
WP is best idea.

This is great in essence but you need more than just account integration. You need global search, blog/forum thread linking and comment/forum reply linking for proper integration. I would imagine setting that up would be quite complex.

I'm also against having 2 admincp's.

This is great in essence but you need more than just account integration. You need global search, blog/forum thread linking and comment/forum reply linking for proper integration. I would imagine setting that up would be quite complex.

I'm also against having 2 admincp's.
v,vgp's... +1 on all counts...

Top Bottom