Wordpress with Xenforo

wordpressuser1

Hi,

I have a wordpress website with woocommerce and want to integrate Xenforo as forum to it.

It will act as a forum but want the same logins and have seen this: https://xenforo.com/community/threa...e-for-bringing-wordpress-into-xenforo.150114/

I am not allowed to post there, help from others that are using or have knowledge of the below would be great.

1) Any documentation on how to use the same logins as wordpress & woocommerce with xenforo?
2) If someone logins to xenforo or wordpress will they be automatically logged into the other platform?
3) Is there a major security issue with this and a better idea is to just create it on a separate domain with a different database or different domain?

Thanks.

Hi,

I have a wordpress website with woocommerce and want to integrate Xenforo as forum to it.

It will act as a forum but want the same logins and have seen this: https://xenforo.com/community/threa...e-for-bringing-wordpress-into-xenforo.150114/

I am not allowed to post there, help from others that are using or have knowledge of the below would be great.

1) Any documentation on how to use the same logins as wordpress & woocommerce with xenforo?
2) If someone logins to xenforo or wordpress will they be automatically logged into the other platform?
3) Is there a major security issue with this and a better idea is to just create it on a separate domain with a different database or different domain?

Thanks.
I think you need to associate your forum account with your xf customer account to gain access to any of those areas.

Here is a free integration you could try: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/article-and-forum-connect-xenforo-and-wordpress.8405/

Hey @wordpressuser1, in case you haven’t seen it yet we’ve just further solidified the WooCommerce integration in XFtoWP:

Here’s how XFtoWP fits in with your questions:

We are working on adding more documentation but the plug-in setup is quite intuitive. Here’s a video walkthrough of setting up user sync:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

If your login page is on WordPress, the plug-in will also log you into XenForo.

XFtoWP is built with security in mind by following WordPress best security practices and being smart about the data passed between sites.

Hey @wordpressuser1, in case you haven’t seen it yet we’ve just further solidified the WooCommerce integration in XFtoWP:

Here’s how XFtoWP fits in with your questions:

We are working on adding more documentation but the plug-in setup is quite intuitive. Here’s a video walkthrough of setting up user sync:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

If your login page is on WordPress, the plug-in will also log you into XenForo.

XFtoWP is built with security in mind by following WordPress best security practices and being smart about the data passed between sites.

I haven't used this and no longer have a need for it but this is a significant advance over alternative solutions. With all the other addons, you have to log into Xenforo first and that would log you into WordPress, but for many setups this was the reverse of what was needed. For example, if your main website is on the WordPress platform and you are using Xenforo as a support forum or secondary information source, generally you would want to funnel visitors to the WordPress site first and then link to the Xenforo site. When I researched this about a year or so ago, none of the available solutions could do this. Apparently, this one does exactly that and while the price at $79 isn't coffee money it still seems quite reasonable if you need this functionality.

I haven't used this and no longer have a need for it but this is a significant advance over alternative solutions. With all the other addons, you have to log into Xenforo first and that would log you into WordPress, but for many setups this was the reverse of what was needed. For example, if your main website is on the WordPress platform and you are using Xenforo as a support forum or secondary information source, generally you would want to funnel visitors to the WordPress site first and then link to the Xenforo site. When I researched this about a year or so ago, none of the available solutions could do this. Apparently, this one does exactly that and while the price at $79 isn't coffee money it still seems quite reasonable if you need this functionality.
Thanks for the analysis and for your initial feedback about a year ago. XFtoWP works fastest if the primary site/database is WordPress but there are features that allow XF-first sites to start syncing users over too. More demos to come soon.

Sounds hopeful. A lot of times I get an email that someone registered in ChainsawForum.com and their data didn't pass into WP. There were other issues that prompted me to abandon it. I removed links from ChainsawForum to the social stuff that I wanted to have on WP. You can probably look up that license.

A lot of times I get an email that someone registered in ChainsawForum.com and their data didn't pass into WP.
The XFtoWP plugin excels at registering users on the WP side during ecommerce/membership/course transactions, and other WP user register forms. If you want to capture users who register on the XF side, you can install this companion addon:

There are other tools released in XFtoWP 1.5 that help you get your users in sync whether starting from either software on its own, so that could also be worth looking into.

I can help more at the XFtoWP forums if you want to post the process you want to create should you need further help setting up the plugin.

Top Bottom