Xenforo-Wordpress Bridge question

TikiJJ

Hi. Does the free Xenforo-Wordpress bridge developed by the community work with any of the Wordpress cache plugins? I'm aware that it does not work with W3 Total Cache, but I was wondering if there was an alternative to it. My Wordpress blog receives about 10k to 30k visitors per day and I really need to use the cache plugin. I would ask this question on the plugin thread, but I don't have the permission to post there. Thanks.

Hey Iph. Thanks for the reply. On the thread of the bridge plugin, someone said that the W3 plugin looked like it was working, but that it actually wasn't. Basically he was saying, he didn't notice any conflict or error message after initiating the bridge, but that he checked (I forget what) something and he noticed that the cache was not functioning. I'm sorry to ask the same question again, but you are certain that the W3 Total Cache works, right? I'm about to drop $140 on Xenforo and I'm just trying to make sure that I'm purchasing something that I can use.

I think what you say makes sense, I use the exclude option on my other site to run phpbb, but it's just that so many people were complaining that the bridge was not compatible with any of the cache plugin. I'm thinking, maybe they were complaining that the forum couldn't be cached with W3 and not their wordpress blogs.

I use db cache reloaded plugin, 25,000 - 40,000 visitors per day on wordpress streaming video, on a hybrid vps (very powerful, almost dedicated strength) ;D ...but also APC and mod_fcgid so it runs as good as it gets, cpu usage for me is minimal increase without template caching. so I'm not worried about it. Caching the queries works well enough.
<!-- Generated in 0.377 seconds. Made 44 queries to database -- 27 are cached queries. Memory used - 7.2MB -->
<!-- Cached by DB Cache Reloaded Fix -->
http://www.ivankristianto.com/web-d...db-cache-reloaded-fix-for-wordpress-3-1/1784/

I use the paid xenscripts mod for the bridge, the free one is not that good

Top Bottom