1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xenForo vs Vanilla

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Xarcell, May 30, 2012.

1. Xarcell

Xarcell Well-Known Member

Anyone here have any experience with both xenForo and Vanilla? I'm partial to vanilla's layout, and it's a bit of work to do it with a xF theme, just to redo it every time there is an update.

Can someone who has used both tell em the pro's & cons of each?

2. AzzidReign

AzzidReign Well-Known Member

I don't like the Vanilla forum layout, but maybe it's bc I just haven't seen enough. The one thing I wish I could look more into is their Gamification/Badges system to see how they do it. Right now I have a coder finishing up something that my guess will be similar to what vanilla has (gamification mod) but since I only recently saw they had this and I've never used their software, I really don't know. Other than that, I think their payment plans are ******** which is why I went with xenforo for my new project rather than vanilla.
  3. dojo

dojo Active Member

Well, it's no contest. Vanilla is so 'basic' it's close to impossible to run a decent site on it. I wanted to get it running for a client of mine and to discuss with my editors on my blog (so it would be no-registration), but it was horrible to work with. I chose myBB instead.
    Hyperion, Naatan and BamaStangGuy like this.
  4. kkm323

kkm323 Well-Known Member

Umm vanilla! I really like the layout its truly an innovation , I will consider this as an option :)