XenForo Service Prices?

karoshio

Hi all,

I have a lot of free time on my hands and decided to open a XenForo service website for a little extra cash.

But before I get things going though I want some XenForo community feedback on what you feel are some fare prices on the following services:

-XenForo installation
-conversions to XenForo
-Merging XenForo into XenForo
-Merging other software into XenForo
-Upgrading XenForo
-Addon installation
-Style installation

So let me know the kind of prices you would be happy paying for such services. I'm not greedy :)

I know that but I didn't really see the point in asking someone else doing it.

I was hoping for people here who may need/have needed services such as these to give me some prices they feel are fare and would be happy to pay.

I would bill by the hour, not per job.
Whatever number you feel comfortable with..
20$, 50$, 70$ an hour...

btw... I don't know who runs that xf services site but iframes are bad bad news.. I wouldn't suggest use frames (n)

20$, 50$, 70$ an hour...

btw... I don't know who runs that xf services site but iframes are bad bad news.. I wouldn't suggest use frames (n)

I personally am more comfortable with a flat rate just to keep things simple.

Yes, I agree. I have been victim to iframe infections in the past.

I was thinking something like..

-XenForo installation $15
-conversions to XenForo $20-$40 depending on software. Extra over a certain amounts of posts.
-Merging XenForo into XenForo $30. Extra over a certain amounts of posts.
-Merging other software into XenForo $20-$40 depending on software. Extra over a certain amounts of posts.
-Upgrading XenForo $10
-Addon installation $5-$10
-Style installation $5-$10

Opinions on those prices?

Well, they might seem low but low will hopefully mean more customers. I have more free time than I can handle so yeah.. Finished school and have nothing to do for a year except work on websites and make some extra cash cash online. So yeah, too much free time means I am happy to offer 'low' prices.

20$, 50$, 70$ an hour...

Your joking right? Charge $70 per hour to install XenForo for somebody. :ROFLMAO:

I think for anyone to offer services they need to show some kind of proven track record.
Just saying.

Added: I just noticed, xenforo charges $50 for upgrades, not including addons.

20$, 50$, 70$ an hour...

http://XFServices.com is run by a http://XenFans.com team member, Mikey.
He's one of the xenfans services guys doing installs, upgrades, converts, etc.

Our pricing is based on various elements, referrer to those who help out, base price to cover costs, paypal fee and refund compensation. Then for things like a convert we ask an x amount based on y hours average per convert.

Then whatever the amount is we feel comfortable with, we cut it down by 50% and ask that instead.

We went from $19 for beta builds of xenforo, to $29, $35 and currently ask $49 for a convert. Price goes up as we grow experience, do more referrered work, etc. And will go up again in 2012.

We're like you, not in it for the money. It's a hobby site and simply want to help the user convert over.
How you determine your pricing is something you have to figure out yourself. Ask what you are comfortable with. Consider if what you're doing is an expertise based on either a handful of converts, or perhaps a year+ of them. If you can offer a (full) refund or not, based on successful converts, dealing with cleaning up afterwards, how fast you can deliver, provide pre-/post- support. Know multiple server configurations, etc. Pricing could also mean you include a portion of having to invest in a vBulletin or IP.Board license for supporting unofficial scripts. If you have costs hiring a developer to write unofficial xenforo import scripts, etc.

I hope this information is helpful to the OP. And please don't see us as competition. We're not here for commercial reasons and feel free to contact us if you need help, or wish to work together with an import. If the end-user gets his or her board converted to xenforo it's a win for everybody. Any compensation is to cover time and cost of doing a convert on behalf of the end-user. Be it $0, $9 or $99.

I think for anyone to offer services they need to show some kind of proven track record.
Just saying.

Added: I just noticed, xenforo charges $50 for upgrades, not including addons.
That's where third party services can come into play.
We (you, me others offering these services) can go beyond the effort that xenforo as a company can guarantee (or not). We might have the time and experience with installing plugins, upgrading plugins. Perhaps customizing them to the site's needs, etc. It's one reason why you could ask less than xenforo (since it's not official) or perhaps even more (because you can go the extra mile such as upgrading plugins as well, etc).

Determining pricing is simply what it is worth to you.

I understand.
I was referring to xf's upgrade fee more as a price line.
There is always more involved when it comes to addons.
Yep. I got that. Just providing my point of view as to how one could justify asking less or more.
(didnt' mean anything with it)

I hope this information is helpful to the OP. And please don't see us as competition. We're not here for commercial reasons and feel free to contact us if you need help, or wish to work together with an import. If the end-user gets his or her board converted to xenforo it's a win for everybody. Any compensation is to cover time and cost of doing a convert on behalf of the end-user. Be it $0, $9 or $99.

Thank you, Floris. The post was definitely helpful and I really appreciate the positive attitude towards it all.

Thank you, Floris. The post was definitely helpful and I really appreciate the positive attitude towards it all.
You're welcome. A year off is great. Don't forget to travel though! And of course best of luck with your xenforo services. If we get any requests we can't handle and our other partners aren't available I will let them know you're doing services as well.

That sounds even better. I really appreciate that. I will have to talk to you about it further once I get everything organized if that sounds okay with you.

Feel free to send me a ticket on xfservices.com if you like. My prices are per job and are listed on the site, Floris has pretty much covered the rest (Thanks, Floris!)
iframes? where? :o

Top Bottom