XenForo-optimised VPS hosting

Shamil

Radon Systems Limited is pleased to announce its new XenForo-orientated products and services, comprising of optimised VPS hosting, installation, upgrade, maintenance and support.

XenForo optimised VPS hosting gives your XenForo community the critical boost in keeping your community alive: sustainability and speed. Our optimised VPS packages offers a magnitude of improvements over a standard VPS.

Your server is configured with LiteSpeed Web Server, a server that is typically around 50% faster, and more efficient than the common Apache HTTPd Web Server. We also install caching softwares for PHP acceleration. We will work with you to configure your XenForo install to perform optimally.

Each package comes with FREE modification installation, and limited XenForo support.

ORDER NOW WITH COUPON "10OFF" AND GET 10% OFF YOUR FIRST BILL!

Here are our VPS hosting packages:

Basic Starter
  • 1.5 GB RAM
  • 50GB Disk Space
  • 200GB Bandwidth (Level 3)
  • 2 IP Addresses
  • LiteSpeed Web Server
  • Order Now
Small Business
  • 2 GB RAM
  • 60GB Disk Space
  • 500GB Bandwidth (Level 3)
  • 2 IP Addresses
  • LiteSpeed Web Server
  • Order Now
Professional
  • 2.5 GB RAM
  • 80 GB Disk Space
  • 700GB Bandwidth (Level 3)
  • 2 IP Addresses
  • LiteSpeed Web Server
  • Order Now
If you need a VPS with high specifications, we offer a custom Enterprise service. Please contact us hereto discuss your requirements.

Addons:

cPanel / WHM - $15 per month
Addition IP: $1 per month

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to post here in this thread, or submit a ticket to our sales department.

VPS packages are billed pro-rated until the 1st of the next available billing month.

Read more about XenForo optimised-VPS at our website.

I'm considering moving to a VPS so if I've got my sums right, for the first year on the basic starter package with cPanel it would be: $90 + ($45 x 11) + ($15 x 12) = $765

Is that correct?

Where are your servers located?

Hi Brogan,

Here's a breakdown, I'd offer:

12-month period:
$450 for the basic package. (12-month discount).
$180 for cPanel
$630 total

Where's the $90 come from?

Our servers are colocated at Quonix in Pennsylvania.

Thanks.

The $90 was from the link in your post - it stated $90 due today and then $45 thereafter per month.

Thanks.

The $90 was from the link in your post - it stated $90 due today and then $45 thereafter per month.

Ah yeah, the billing period is prorated. Anything longer than 4 months, we'll apply reductions :)

We provide the support and license for LiteSpeed Web Server.

With respect, sorry to throw this question into what is primarily a company ad but I keep looking back at this thread.
Depending on how quickly I want to build my project, which at the moment is some existing base members and a few friends...(waffle over)
In a few months or so, this is what I'm after.
The big Q is:
Our servers are colocated at Quonix in Pennsylvania.
Now, we're UK based, my market doesn't mind going global. Is this U.S. server good for me, or...?

Dumb question asked and fire away. :)

Why are these so pricey? what am I missing? and there only VPS (shared servers)

xe.com reliably informs me that $630 is, as near as makes no difference £386 (I work in pounds me).
So that's a tad over 3 times as much as a typical shared/virtual hosting plan. But way more than 3 times better IMHO.
At the mo. my contention : isn't that bad, but if/when more people are flocking, it'll quickly get sapped.

Many of you are asking why these servers are expensive. To answer that question, many providers don't offer 15K SAS disks in RAID-10 configuration on the hardware node. We have negotiated with the datacenter to provide us with bandwidth on better IP Carrier networks, such as Level 3, rather than the more budget based Cogent communications.

Additionally, these VPS come with a LiteSpeed License.

We only allow a certain number of VPS 'containers' on the hardware node. This ensures that performance is maintained.

With respect, sorry to throw this question into what is primarily a company ad but I keep looking back at this thread.
Depending on how quickly I want to build my project, which at the moment is some existing base members and a few friends...(waffle over)
In a few months or so, this is what I'm after.
The big Q is:

Now, we're UK based, my market doesn't mind going global. Is this U.S. server good for me, or...?

Dumb question asked and fire away. :)

We have at least 1 UK-orientated website as a XenForo client. A US server could prove beneficial for most clients, whereby the majority of global clients are from Europe and the USA.

Why are these so pricey? what am I missing? and there only VPS (shared servers)

See above :)
xe.com reliably informs me that $630 is, as near as makes no difference £386 (I work in pounds me).
So that's a tad over 3 times as much as a typical shared/virtual hosting plan. But way more than 3 times better IMHO.
At the mo. my contention : isn't that bad, but if/when more people are flocking, it'll quickly get sapped.

We'll have additional servers to fit the capacity.

We have at least 1 UK-orientated website as a XenForo client. A US server could prove beneficial for most clients, whereby the majority of global clients are from Europe and the USA.

I am guessing that's me
biggrin.png
My previous host's servers are located in Manchester, England and I have to tell you that my users now get the impression that the new server is at the end of their street. I would say that at least 80% of my users are UK based.

I am guessing that's me :D My previous host's servers are located in Manchester, England and I have to tell you that my users now get the impression that the new server is at the end of their street. I would say that at least 80% of my users are UK based.

To be fair tho, that will only be true for those users on a decent ISP with Tier 1 connectivity. I am lucky in that we purchase AboveNet transit (who peer with Quonix) and get good ping times to the US from the UK. You can see that hop 6 is the transit to the US hence the big spike in time.

1 <1 ms <1 ms 3 ms HOBBIT [10.11.11.254]
2 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms 62.168.221.213.game.net [213.221.168.62]
3 12 ms 12 ms 12 ms gm-sh-adsl-01.game.net [213.221.179.124]
4 13 ms 12 ms 12 ms gm-sh-6509-2.game.net [213.221.179.117]
5 14 ms 13 ms 15 ms 102.ge-0-3-8.mpr1.lhr2.uk.above.net [213.161.66.83]
6 86 ms 86 ms 87 ms so-0-1-0.mpr1.dca2.us.above.net [64.125.27.57]
7 85 ms 86 ms 93 ms xe-1-3-0.cr1.dca2.us.above.net [64.125.29.21]
8 86 ms 99 ms 94 ms xe-0-0-0.cr2.dca2.us.above.net [64.125.28.242]
9 89 ms 88 ms 88 ms xe-1-1-0.mpr4.phl2.us.above.net [64.125.31.37]
10 88 ms 88 ms 88 ms xe-1-0-0.mpr3.phl2.us.above.net [64.125.31.29]
11 88 ms 88 ms 90 ms above.phlapalo.quonix.net [209.249.122.166]
12 89 ms 89 ms 90 ms mailgw.quonix.net [208.72.236.15]

Code:
[simon@simon-laptop ~]$ ping -c1 www.radonsystems.net
ping: unknown host www.radonsystems.net
Is this service down ?

My website is being hosted by RS and I have no complaints, even the price is much cheaper than my old host they wanted over $25 per month extra and RS as quoted me a VPS with better specs for a cheaper price.

Top Bottom