XF 1.5 Xenforo not sending confirmation emails (Windows Server 2012 R2)

Question in title, error looks like:

Zend_Mail_Transport_Exception: Email to xJustinFoley@gmail.com failed: Unable to send mail. mail(): Failed to connect to mailserver at "localhost" port 25, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use ini_set() - library\Zend\Mail\Transport\Sendmail.php:137
Generated By: xJus, Today at 10:26 PM
Stack Trace
#0 C:\Nginx\html\community\library\Zend\Mail\Transport\Abstract.php(348): Zend_Mail_Transport_Sendmail->_sendMail()
#1 C:\Nginx\html\community\library\Zend\Mail.php(1194): Zend_Mail_Transport_Abstract->send(Object(Zend_Mail))
#2 C:\Nginx\html\community\library\XenForo\Mail.php(175): Zend_Mail->send(Object(Zend_Mail_Transport_Sendmail))
#3 C:\Nginx\html\community\library\XenForo\Mail.php(152): XenForo_Mail->sendMail(Object(Zend_Mail))
#4 C:\Nginx\html\community\library\XenForo\Model\UserConfirmation.php(153): XenForo_Mail->send('xJustinFoley@gm...', 'xJus')
#5 C:\Nginx\html\community\library\XenForo\ControllerPublic\AccountConfirmation.php(108): XenForo_Model_UserConfirmation->sendEmailConfirmation(Array)
#6 C:\Nginx\html\community\library\XenForo\FrontController.php(351): XenForo_ControllerPublic_AccountConfirmation->actionResend()
#7 C:\Nginx\html\community\library\XenForo\FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#8 C:\Nginx\html\community\index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#9 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(57) "https://mineark.net/community/account-confirmation/resend"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["/community/account-confirmation/resend"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(5) {
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
["_xfConfirm"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfRequestUri"] => string(27) "/community/account/two-step"
["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
}
}

Check and verify the SMTP and smtp_port settings in the php.ini file.

If you are unsure how to do that, your host should be able to help.

Otherwise you can try using the default PHP method.

If possible, could you elaborate more? I'm running Xenforo off of a dedicated server from SoYouStart (OVH branch), with nginx as the current web server, on Windows Server 2012 R2. I'm sorry if I am uneducated or blind to see this haha :).

PHP on Windows uses an SMTP server as configured in your php.ini file (with limited configuration options). If you want to use that, you'll need to setup a local SMTP server that PHP can use. I don't have any experience with Windows SMTP servers, so I couldn't make a recommendation here.

Otherwise, you can go into XenForo's mail settings and point it at an external SMTP server that you have setup/access to.

Top Bottom