Xenforo network

I'd say the Network Plugin is polished. It uses a pretty basic XML format for communication. It was designed with the idea of not being able to work just across different message boards but also of different message board softwares. Much like Tapatalk uses a standard data exchange format and clients are pretty much agnostic to the underlying system.

Reactions: DRE
I'd say the Network Plugin is polished. It uses a pretty basic XML format for communication. It was designed with the idea of not being able to work just across different message boards but also of different message board softwares. Much like Tapatalk uses a standard data exchange format and clients are pretty much agnostic to the underlying system.
Have you thought about making a network addon for Xenforo?

Have you thought about making a network addon for Xenforo?

I don't own a Xenforo license nor do I own all of my time. :(

Besides, I work mostly in C++ and leave most of the PHP programming for my board up to Joe/BirdOPrey5 nowadays since he seems alright and kinda knows what's going on. ;)

If anyone else wants to write it though, let me know and I am happy to help you out with the XML formatting the plugin uses.

Last edited:
Sorry, coming in so late. I just happened to notice this thread had a link to the Skooppa site. Nice idea BTW!;) I would absolutely support ANY type of site that will in some way unite online community users (and more importantly the owners of those communities!!!!). Why? Because online communities, where people help people about certain interest they share, are the exceptional social networks. The are just too segregated and thus lose traction against mammoths like Facebook. Although my initial idea was to unite users within Skooppa only, I've long been thinking about actually extending this idea to any online community. Why not?:)

Scott

Sorry, coming in so late. I just happened to notice this thread had a link to the Skooppa site. Nice idea BTW!;) I would absolutely support ANY type of site that will in some way unite online community users (and more importantly the owners of those communities!!!!). Why? Because online communities, where people help people about certain interest they share, are the exceptional social networks. The are just too segregated and thus lose traction against mammoths like Facebook. Although my initial idea was to unite users within Skooppa only, I've long been thinking about actually extending this idea to any online community. Why not?:)

Scott
Thanks for your input on this! I wholeheartedly agree about Facebook vs. online communities. I'm quite interested in seeing what Skooppa will be like. (I don't really think I "get it" at this point, I'm afraid.) Will it somehow be possible to run e.g. XF boards on top of Skooppa? If you're really extending the project to include independent boards, that is of course awesome.

I don't own a Xenforo license nor do I own all of my time. :(

Besides, I work mostly in C++ and leave most of the PHP programming for my board up to Joe/BirdOPrey5 nowadays since he seems alright and kinda knows what's going on. ;)

If anyone else wants to write it though, let me know and I am happy to help you out with the XML formatting the plugin uses.
ew xml

Thanks for your input on this! I wholeheartedly agree about Facebook vs. online communities. I'm quite interested in seeing what Skooppa will be like. (I don't really think I "get it" at this point, I'm afraid.) Will it somehow be possible to run e.g. XF boards on top of Skooppa? If you're really extending the project to include independent boards, that is of course awesome.

If XenForo wishes to develop a forum application for Skooppa, they would definitely be welcome to. It wouldn't be XenForo, as you know it now, because, for instance, they would be using Skooppa's own discussion engine for the discussion functionality. There are other platform-centric features they'd need to incorporate into the forum app too like user management. But, how the forum looks and runs (and possibly even feels to a point) would be up to them. Of course, some other vendor might make a forum app too. We will probably make a version of a forum app, for instance. The cool thing is, we don't have to make everything ourselves....and we don't want to.:)

Scott

If XenForo wishes to develop a forum application for Skooppa, they would definitely be welcome to. It wouldn't be XenForo, as you know it now, because, for instance, they would be using Skooppa's own discussion engine for the discussion functionality. There are other platform-centric features they'd need to incorporate into the forum app too like user management. But, how the forum looks and runs (and possibly even feels to a point) would be up to them. Of course, some other vendor might make a forum app too. We will probably make a version of a forum app, for instance. The cool thing is, we don't have to make everything ourselves....and we don't want to.:)

Scott
Where do you get the word Skooppa from? It reminds me of the word scopa which literally means to sweep but somehow I don't think your choice of word has anything to with a matta primera or counting coins.

It is a crazy/ silly acronym for "Social KnOwledge and Opinion PlAtform".;) Although we'd like for people to take us seriously, we also don't want to be too serious. In other words, working with us should be pretty professional, but still, we all should still have fun and be adventurous together.

Edit - Americans might also pronounce Skooppa incorrectly (as my wish was to give the name a bit of European flair). It should be pronounced with the two Os as long Os, like you would pronounce "oa" in Boat.:)

Scott

Top Bottom