XENFORO lawsuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

topcat

hI,

I this is a bit of a taboo subject on this forum. Im not wanting t discuss the case, just a couple of questions if someone could answer please.

1) did the case start on 15th January, as earlier stated

2) where can I get updates, is there anywhere on the net that logs/reports the latest happening.

Cheers

hI,
I this is a bit of a taboo subject on this forum. Im not wanting t discuss the case, just a couple of questions if someone could answer please.

It's not in the least a taboo subject here - what a strange idea!
There are LOTS of threads about it.
The two main ones are the one Slavik gave you above which is a short factual summary.
The other one is a long one called California Court Case.

It's 1,000s of posts discussion both simple personal comment and some good legal minds giving interpretation of the records.
However both threads are only opened for short periods when a new event occurs. It is then closed because people don't bother to read what is already there and go on and on repeating the same question demanding answers which clogs up the thread. Or some throw out doom and gloom with little evidence which is depressing without being useful and it's important to keep up community morale as waiting is always a bit of a strain.

They are closed because of people complaining and expecting every post to be correct. (above)

It's not in the least a taboo subject here - what a strange idea!

It is only taboo in such threads to write any opinion at least one mod does not like. Since there are 4 mods currently (and -not confirmed, but speculated by those mods) 3 company owners reading those threads with global "Delete" and "Edit" buttons you have to please 7 people with your opinion.

The thing is (and I've probably never explained fully) didn't feel the need to I would have though those that constantly jump down on those concerned would have used a little common sense.

Initially, when these "complaining posts" came in were indeed "trolling" posts by some members who wanted to see xenforo fall and just cause unnecessary disruption to the community. Just to keep the bonfire alight, they would create, constantly create threads and just downright troll.

When time passed the genuine people started asking questions (i'm not one of those I bought into xenforo and the lawsuit saga) but when the genuine people came in they were jumped on, met with rudeness and basically told to leave when they had businesses to run, just asking simple legitimate questions and met with pure contempt, rudeness and many 3rd part developers told to leave so the legitimate people are branded with the same stick.

It's not as clear cut as Morgain likes to explain, and very vague at best (no surprise there) so the bigger picture certainly never gets painted fully and the same members like to constantly bring up that legitimate concerns are the same as the legitimate trolling threads which they weren't.

Then again, getting any kind of truth here is like getting blood from a stone but then we knew that already (referring to the people that brand people as fear mongering/complaining). I only voiced out with this mess when 3rd part deveopers were told to leave, met with rudeness which was allowed to continue so when a story has to be told, simply tell the truth leaving no stone unturned.

Mainly referring to Morgains post as she is being very vague on the matter, and not entirely honest who likes to bring this up time and time again and has been corrected more times than i can count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom