1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XenForo = Labor of Love!

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by MisterPersonality, Aug 6, 2010.

1. We often hear about new forum software being developed, and usually, most of them aren't well developed, they haven't had extensive thinking about and were rushed into being created... Unlike the "other ones" I feel that XenForo is being well developed, it has been very well thought out and the creators are taking their time with releasing it, but making very swift progress. To say the least, I feel like XenForo will be the new non-open source forum software that's actually worth paying for. Honestly, I've never met developers anywhere else who actively listen to their future customers' ideas and honestly consider implementing them. Kier and the others have really done their work with creating an innovative forum software that has never been seen before. To me, it seems like they did side-by-side comparisons with all forum software and added what's not been seen to XF...

TL;DR - I love XenForo and it's definitely going to be worth whatever the license will cost.

Keep up the great work.
    erich37, Kier, KURTZ and 1 other person like this.
  2. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

Im glad you like it.
  3. Lawrence

Lawrence Well-Known Member

There are "no others", just 2 devs: Mike and Kier. :)

They are doing a fantastic job. And they listen to the community as well, :)
  4. Alluidh

Alluidh Well-Known Member

With ears like an elephant :D
  5. KURTZ

KURTZ Well-Known Member

sure, right now we share the love! :D
  6. Floris

Floris Guest

Another <3 thread! Maybe put them all in one place, or merge them or something?
  7. I was looking for a feedback forum, something less serious than Suggestions, but something where we can express our love for the site -- maybe add a subforum to Suggestions for thread like this one.
  8. Alluidh

Alluidh Well-Known Member

Merge all this threads to one would be great
  9. Floris

Floris Guest

By the way, I am not saying you shouldn't have posted this by the way :) By all means! If I felt like it, I would have started my second <3 thread :D
  10. Haha, I understand... Just was making a suggestion.
    Floris likes this.
  11. Disjunto

Disjunto Well-Known Member

yeah, xf is getting a lot of love, pity no one can love it together, they're all declaring their love seperately ;)
  12. We all can love it together in separate threads, but imagine getting ten of these per six hours, 40 of them a day, ah - how much space that'd take!
  13. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Well-Known Member

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but technically xenForo is going to be like vBulletin: Visual Source. Not Open Source ;) :)
  14. Floris

Floris Guest

It will be nothing like vBulletin, but it will be visible source :D
  15. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

??? Or did he edit that? :confused:
  16. I didn't edit anything...
  17. Jason

Jason Well-Known Member

Great work, indeed!

It's also encouraging to come back each day and seeing that actual suggestions have been implemented.

Side note: just noticed the quoted post alerts; very nice.
  18. KURTZ

KURTZ Well-Known Member

guys, this is the factory of love ... ROFL!
  19. Quillz

Quillz Well-Known Member

I don't know if it's fair to say this is the only community where the developers actually listen to their customers. I don't think that's true at all. There is a lot of other bulletin board software out there, and many continually add features and improvements upon the request or needs of their customers.
  20. Well let me say they do it here faster.