XF 2.2 Xenforo Install - Clean

Hey, so pretty straight to the point, im lost.
I have a clean install of a dedicated server from ovh
I was wondering how i can go about installing xenforo onto my server. I have a license, but I have no way about going about it as the guide is kinda lack luster, and nobody on youtube seems to know how to install xenforo from a dedi perspective, i am a diy noob, not a do everything for myself noob, and the guide, doesn't go into too much details. so I can't do anything... and trust me, I can follow a guide, I installed ubuntu for my server, but the guide, like idk about this one.

Can someone help guide me, I was told to use ngnix, and before that I was already lost, and now after that, im here asking, no pleading for someone to lend me a hand.

Last edited:
Installing Xenforo on a dedicated server is no different than installing it on a VPS. The Xenforo instructions are pretty good and spot on.

What they aren't going to do is teach you how to use basic tools - no more than a car repair manual will teach you how to use a screw driver or wrench. Besides that, there are dozens of web control panels, ftp software clients, different Linux distributions if you use the CLI for setup, and different web server software that often use different directory structures.

what worked best for me was installing a control panel on my dedicated server. From there it’s as simple as any other hosting provider. I’ve used cloudpanel in the past because it’s lightweight but moved away because I wanted an email client, I’ve recently started using ISPConfig

Top Bottom