1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xenforo Features Needed

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by ActorMike, Apr 4, 2015.

1. ActorMike

ActorMike Member

We are migrating from Vbulletin 3.8. http://forums.fordthunderbirdforum.com Our site offers memberships and we accept Paypal and Authorize.net. Users are prompted to upgrade to access some features of the board like searching.

We also take advantage of Google Adwords to support the site.

Lots of the messages sent on the site or signup confirmations are customized.

Are we able to do all these things above with Xenforo?
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

User upgrades are a built in feature but only PayPal is accepted in the core.
    It would require a third party add-on or custom development for Authorize.net.

Presumably Google AdWords is implemented via a third party plugin or some level of customisation at the moment?
    You would have to do the same with XenForo.
  3. ActorMike

ActorMike Member

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Resource threads are in the customer forums so you have to be licensed to post there.

You can contact the author directly by starting a conversation with them.
  5. ActorMike

ActorMike Member

Thanks for stating the obvious. Perhaps someone could post my question there for me. I'm not a fan of inboxing someone for information on a free plugin.
  6. Ridemonkey

Ridemonkey Well-Known Member

This is kind of an unpleasant response, no? It may not be obvious for everyone and is, in fact, the recommended avenue.

If you visit the author's website and check his own account upgrades, you'll see that he has multiple options for payment through his Paygate plugin, including PayPal and Bitpay. They appear as multiple buttons in the account upgrades.
  7. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Well-Known Member

You could tag the author in this thread and he will get an alert and could respond.
  8. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

Ask xfrocks on his own site xfrocks.com
    He'd be happy to answer any questions.

Wouldn't you @xfrocks ?
    Yes Google Adsense is supported.

Not sure what you mean here ?
  9. ActorMike

ActorMike Member

No I was thanking him. :) It's frustrating trying to pick out a software when you cannot get questions answered. I guess that frustration came out in the post. Sorry @Brogan