xenForo Conference? :D

WordPress has its WordCamp meetings and conferences.
Why not have the same for XF ?

Would be cool to have XF-Forum-webmaster meetings...... organized by individual members per country
Wordpress has a huge backing because of it being open-source, and as widely popular as it is.

It has been adopted by so many companies, that investment was bound to happen.

XF is commercial, and is unlikely to get the same investments (Not that they're impossible, but it'll be unlikely).

Conferences are far from cheap, and they're very boring. Very very very boring (Was at one on Monday :(). 

I think we could probably organise some sort of XenForo gathering around Christmas :)

I figure a lot of people felt they just received their much anticipated xMas present the moment they read this :), so there's no reason not to have this gathering (which we can now call Celebration with the capital C) right now!

Talk about some hardcore necromancy going on here!!!

Though, I wouldn't be against a XF meetup / conference type dig. I think for the immediate future, getting some code out the front door would be more appreciated than arranging to have a meet up, maybe something could be done once 1.2 is out?

Talk about some hardcore necromancy going on here!!!

Though, I wouldn't be against a XF meetup / conference type dig. I think for the immediate future, getting some code out the front door would be more appreciated than arranging to have a meet up, maybe something could be done once 1.2 is out?

OK yes good idea.

I vote for somewhere near Bristol as it's a smaller airport than Heathrow/ Gatwick so it's a lot quicker to get through, and friendlier. Good transport connections.

Also a celebration rather than a conference.

We wear badges with our forum name on.
A gallery display of front page screenshots of well known XF sites.
Second display of favourite addons.
A booth with photos and text displays each about Kier Mike Ashley and another one for the Mods.
A Memories brainstorming to collect XF stories (recorded)
An XF zen meditation where participants sit barefoot and focus on the glowing letters XF.
Collective letter of thanks compiled to KAM, mods, addon devs.
Major vote for favourite addons with rosettes.
A spoofy but sincere ceremony with druids, witches, elves and giant kittens.
Video link to smaller celebrations elsewhere with specific times for each location to especially link in, for mutual good wishes.
XF mugs and Tshirts.

OK yes good idea.

I vote for somewhere near Bristol as it's a smaller airport than Heathrow/ Gatwick so it's a lot quicker to get through, and friendlier. Good transport connections.

Second display of favourite mods.
A booth with photos and text displays each about Kier Mike Ashley and another one for the Mods.
An XF zen meditation where participants sit barefoot and focus on the glowing letters XF.
Video link to smaller celebrations elsewhere with specific times for each location to especially link in, for mutual good wishes.
XF mugs and Tshirts.

Awesome, we need this, XF Conference 2013 !! :P
And with sponsors to pay flights for the greatest XF sites owners, for show the work on the sites !

:rolleyes:

OK yes good idea.

Second display of favourite addons.
XF mugs and Tshirts.

Thats a bit hardcore, how about just a meal and a few drinks in a good pub? :P

Your courtesy is exquisite my dear.

As is yours in thrusting your beliefs forth on this community. :)

I would have been equally as courteous to a Christian, Jew, Muslim, Satanist or any one else pushing that their particular activities be included in a fun secular multi cultural company based get together.

Inappropriate is inappropriate :)

As is yours in thrusting your beliefs

What I said was "A spoofy but sincere ceremony with druids, witches, elves and giant kittens."

Notice "spoofy" and "elves and giant kittens." Not Pentacles, Crucifixes or Tallit.
As in a bit of dressing up fun.

Circle ceremonies are used by people of any faith and none.
Circlework is an efficient toolkit for creating a ceremony and can be used by anyone.
If you can accept the concept of north, south, east and west, you can use Circlework.

Circlework did originate among Pagans. Easter eggs derive from Christianity, and older religions before that. Most British children who eat their chocolate either don't know the connection or don't care about it, nor do they need to. Both the chocolate egg and the Circle do their job of providing pleasure and fun without need for theology.

I understand somewhat your jumping to hasty assumptions. Ignorance is not shameful.
I do not understand your rudeness. If you think something is inappropriate then say so straightforwardly within the bounds of courtesy. Then it can be accepted as a valid critique, or as in this case the mistake explained.

Ignorance has nothing to do with it Morgain, who is being insulting now, and condescending, at least I am open in my criticism, in this context pushing agendas regardless of origin is "crap" - we were talking about a Business Conference.

I think you will find the vast majority of this forum is not interested in having anyones beliefs (even if they may have studied them previously) acted out at any potential Business conference that might be arranged in the future.

Having said that, I am not going to get inveigled into your games, so that is the end of my discussion.

Top Bottom