1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xenforo.com Password Reset

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by Robbie Poe, Jul 4, 2013.

1. Robbie Poe

Robbie Poe New Member

This is silly... but nevertheless.

I'm having some trouble changing my password on Xenforo.com. When I registered, I connected with Facebook—so in my Contact Details, my email address is listed at proxymail.facebook.com. In order to use "Add-On Install and Upgrade" add on, I have to provide my password.

What I'm wondering is how I change my email address to a non-Facebook address so that I can actually setup a password on Xenforo.com—because currently, I can't change my email address manually without providing a password. Hopefully that makes sense.

2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Doesn't the Facebook proxy mail address do what it says? Meaning if you request a password won't that proxy address proxy the email to your real email address?

Last edited: Jul 4, 2013
  3. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

It's certainly supposed to...

4. Robbie Poe

Robbie Poe New Member

Unfortunately, it isn't working. Is it possible for an admin to manually change my email address? I know that's a big ask, but I would really appreciate it.

5. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

PM me.

Liam W likes this.
  6. Robbie Poe

Robbie Poe New Member

Done. Thx so much.

Liam W likes this.
  7. kkm323

kkm323 Well-Known Member

is this a bug then?

8. James

James Well-Known Member

If it is it's probably on Facebook's end not forwarding the e-mail on.

9. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

Not any more (or at least not for long).

Facebook has its own e-mail now (they've had it since last year). And their proxy mail forwards things to your facebook mail.

I registered on another site and tested this. Out of the 4x I tried to recover my password... 3x ended up in the facebook e-mail account.

So I don't know if this is a bug on their part or their attempt to get people to use their mail system.

https://www.facebook.com/help/224049364288051

10. Sheldon

Sheldon Well-Known Member

Their "mail" system is the same as their private messages.