Xenforo.com Password Reset

Robbie Poe

This is silly... but nevertheless.

I'm having some trouble changing my password on Xenforo.com. When I registered, I connected with Facebook—so in my Contact Details, my email address is listed at proxymail.facebook.com. In order to use "Add-On Install and Upgrade" add on, I have to provide my password.

What I'm wondering is how I change my email address to a non-Facebook address so that I can actually setup a password on Xenforo.com—because currently, I can't change my email address manually without providing a password. Hopefully that makes sense.

Doesn't the Facebook proxy mail address do what it says? Meaning if you request a password won't that proxy address proxy the email to your real email address?

Last edited:
Unfortunately, it isn't working. Is it possible for an admin to manually change my email address? I know that's a big ask, but I would really appreciate it.

Doesn't the Facebook proxy mail address do what it says? Meaning if you request a password won't that proxy address proxy the email to your real email address?
It's certainly supposed to...
Not any more (or at least not for long).

Facebook has its own e-mail now (they've had it since last year). And their proxy mail forwards things to your facebook mail.

I registered on another site and tested this. Out of the 4x I tried to recover my password... 3x ended up in the facebook e-mail account.

So I don't know if this is a bug on their part or their attempt to get people to use their mail system.

https://www.facebook.com/help/224049364288051

Not any more (or at least not for long).

Facebook has its own e-mail now (they've had it since last year). And their proxy mail forwards things to your facebook mail.

I registered on another site and tested this. Out of the 4x I tried to recover my password... 3x ended up in the facebook e-mail account.

So I don't know if this is a bug on their part or their attempt to get people to use their mail system.

https://www.facebook.com/help/224049364288051

Their "mail" system is the same as their private messages.

Top Bottom