xenforo.com page going black before showing thread

Weird though, as I'm accessing this via localhost, I have no problems with other software and I have a very powerful system which hasn't been changed. The only thing I've done which has led me to have slow loading issues is update xenforo. I'm not going to argue with the creators of xenforo because you guys know what you're talking about, must have just been a coincidence. Cheers for clearing this up.

Well, I definitely do not have a slow connection. Perhaps browser speed, but all of us?
I find it strange that there are more than just one or two of us experiencing the same thing.

wait, I might have just seen it but not really sure, it happened so fast I don't know if I imagined it or not. What I thought I saw was flat black but it was so brief that if I was not watching for it I would have missed it and I am still unsure. I tried a couple more times and didn't see it. I think I saw it but can't say for sure.

I did see it again but it went by really fast. I have been moving around the forum just to try and see this. I really don't think I would notice if not trying to see it. I am not seeing it every time, but just the times I mentioned.

Mine is very evident that it is happening. It only started after upgrade that I am aware of.

I can't reproduce it now. I have been bouncing all over the forum trying to make it happen again but I saw it for sure earlier but boy it was hard to catch it on my end.

Well, I definitely do not have a slow connection. Perhaps browser speed, but all of us?
I find it strange that there are more than just one or two of us experiencing the same thing.
As I said before, the black background is a result of the super-footer here on XenForo.com. If your browser pauses before loading the page content for whatever reason, you will see the black <html> background that is necessary for the super footer to operate. Use Firebug to hide the <body> tag to see it.

I saw where you said the black background is the super footer. I didn't read that seeing the black background and the delay of page loading is a result of the super footer.

Thank you. :)

I saw where you said the black background is the super footer. I didn't read that seeing the black background and the delay of page loading is a result of the super footer.

Thank you. :)
It doesn't cause a delay, it's just HTML.

Slow connection, browser speed, server load, etc.

I can confirm that this happens on a slow connection. Been slow on my end for 1 1/2 days since those tornadoes blew through my part of the world

But that's to be expected and I wouldn't count it as a bug.

As I said before, the black background is a result of the super-footer here on XenForo.com. If your browser pauses before loading the page content for whatever reason, you will see the black <html> background that is necessary for the super footer to operate. Use Firebug to hide the <body> tag to see it.

I get this on my site too, which is basically a clean copy of Xenforo, and it still happens on mine.

Another annoying thing I find, especially with Chrome, is that if you have the descriptions in the little bubbles when you hover over a forum, in Chrome, when the page loads, the descriptions appear below the forum names (basically where you'd have the descriptions if the little bubble was turned off), they appear for a second then disappear. I find this annoying too :)

I will say this one more time.

The black background is a result of the super footer here on XenForo.com, and is expected. It is not part of the vanilla XenForo style. If you see it on another site, it's because they too are running some form of copy of our super footer.

It has no effect on performance, it just makes slow loading pages a little more obvious because you see black instead of white.

Kier, I understand and agree with what you're saying.

As an FYI- My connection speed is 30/2M so while there may be some latency, I wouldn't call it slow.

Also, while I understand why it's happening, I'll give you my opinion..... It looks unprofessional to me.

Screen shot 2011-06-03 at 2.03.43 PM.webp

Kier, I understand and agree with what you're saying.

As an FYI- My connection speed is 30/2M so while there may be some latency, I wouldn't call it slow.

Also, while I understand why it's happening, I'll give you my opinion..... It looks unprofessional to me.

View attachment 15728
It has virtually nothing to do with your connection speed or latency, it's down to browser rendering.

It has virtually nothing to do with your connection speed or latency, it's down to browser rendering.

Ok, FYI:

FF 3.6.17

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,2
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz
Memory: 4 GB

--------- note: When I use Safari 5.0.5 I don't see it. ------

Top Bottom