Xenforo, Cloudflare, and Rocket Loader

arn

I've searched the forums and found that generally Rocket Loader seems to cause problems with Xenforo, but there haven't been any specifics.

Is anyone using rocket loader successfully on Xenforo?

If not, there are include/exclude rules that can be done to Rocket Loader:

So it seems like it would be possible, assuming we knew what breaks.

arn

Is Rocket Loader use still prohibitive? Has anyone developed a way to make use of it with Xenforo?

Rocket Loader sucks... Remember, Rocket Loader doesn't do some sort of magic that isn't possible to code yourself if you know what you are doing, so it's usefulness is limited to improving poorly written systems. XenForo is not a poorly written system, so even if it "worked" with XenForo, you really aren't able to improve much of anything. Again, it's not magic... the best it can do is try to rewrite poorly written code.

I had an issue with it as it delays loading JS. XF already loads the js it needs up top and the rest later, effectively coming from the factory already configured for what rocket loader would do. It broke some of my forms and cause CLS as a result of moving the needed block-render js to the non-blocking area

I've searched the forums and found that generally Rocket Loader seems to cause problems with Xenforo, but there haven't been any specifics.

Is anyone using rocket loader successfully on Xenforo?

If not, there are include/exclude rules that can be done to Rocket Loader:

So it seems like it would be possible, assuming we knew what breaks.

arn
Did you enable this? Do you have any specific rules for Xenforo and/or Wordpress? I've enabled this, and it works fine.. no issues as far as I can tell...

Did you enable this? Do you have any specific rules for Xenforo and/or Wordpress? I've enabled this, and it works fine.. no issues as far as I can tell...

Nah. I gave up on it. never did turn it on for forums.

Nah. I gave up on it. never did turn it on for forums.
The only issue that I can see is that on phone screens it will make the top menu flash for a millisecond, but it does feel faster with this enabled.

I had an issue with it as it delays loading JS. XF already loads the js it needs up top and the rest later, effectively coming from the factory already configured for what rocket loader would do. It broke some of my forms and cause CLS as a result of moving the needed block-render js to the non-blocking area
Which forms did it break? I cannot find any issues, apart from the top menu flash on phone screens.

Top Bottom