XenForo Cloud discussion

Hi Gents, me again. Is there a way to put the payment processors in test mode and disable live payments without access to config.php?

Is your definition of pageview the same as Google analytics reports?

Over a year we average under 4m page views a month but in 1-2 months of the year we potentially have 15m+. That's likely to be an Enterprise package, right?

Is your definition of pageview the same as Google analytics reports?

Over a year we average under 4m page views a month but in 1-2 months of the year we potentially have 15m+. That's likely to be an Enterprise package, right?
You can use Google Analytics as a guide, but we'd expect our count to be lower than what GA will report, given that GA will not differentiate between views loaded from the XF cache rather than generated live etc.

The underlying rules are relatively complex, but as a general rule, we only count requests that connect to the database and render most of a page of HTML.

By no means am I suggesting the cloud sites are slow (they obviously aren't). But, genuine question. I tested a handful out of curiosity and they seem like they could be better? I don't know where each site's server is located but I used Vancouver, CA for each. My site's server is in Washington, USA for reference.

My site is tacoma3g. I do my best to optimize it and I'm thinking it did better because of the Font Awesome Manager add-on. But the comparison sites are using default/simpler styles. If anything, I thought @Brogan's would be a little better. But again, maybe it's just the server locations.

1646764769841.png

I suppose the key question is, how do they feel to an actual human?

Most people suggest they feel quick and speedy.

Of course FA Manager is a significant improvement. It’s probably one of the most significant optimisations. Something which we’re well aware of…

I don't know where each site's server is located but I used Vancouver, CA for each

Server hosting location for each server would generally factor into it so not entirely apples to apples comparison.

This site rocks on GTMetrix......
Yes pagespeed involves many factors. Default XF 2.x style has some things that slow it down page speed wise which I've managed to shave 0.3 to 1.0s off LCP for on my test XF 2 forums using XF 2.x default style or PixelExit's Flatawesome+ style.

But also helps to have CDN caching in place so that your site/forums are fast from every geographical location i.e. test server response time (TTFB) using https://tools.keycdn.com/performance and https://speedvitals.com/ttfb-test and you can clearly see how fast your site/forum is from cities around the world for that initial TTFB which factors into every other Google Core Web Vital metric like LCP.

I use Cloudflare for CDN caching for my forums which is why it would be nice to see some more work done from Xenforo side to better support this which is needed for XF 2.x. See https://xenforo.com/community/threa...ion-cloudflare-full-html-page-caching.202315/

I have indeed ran the tool once by changing the user-agent.

I'm not allowing it to frequently rebuild as to not abuse the service though.

This instance does not have FA manager installed:

1646774924952.webp

robert redford yes GIF

Top Bottom