XenForo Cloud discussion

There is a significant list of sub-domains that aren't allowed, automatically. Including facebook. and google..

Though of course we can't block everything questionable. The onus would be on you to be sensible when choosing your domain, otherwise the onus would be on us to help rectify the situation if a legal request was brought forward to take action against a particular sub-domain. We don't want to do that :)

Who knew the introduction of Cloud would focus on the domains?
They’re just as much part of the introduction of Cloud as the Cloud is. The domains are part of the kit. There’s also 13 other pages of the thread that are not necessarily about domains.

Maybe not quite as significant as you might think anyway. Statistically, most people are choosing to connect their own custom domain.

I already posted kudos for snagging the good domain. Most people are going to use their own. I am having geocities flashbacks.

Ok, that's great but it does not show in the list for me.
So this means location AMS is currently 'full'?

1645363446766.png

Yeah we'll only display locations that are available, right now.
Worth noting that availability of specific plans varies between regions from time to time. If you can't see what you're looking for, let us know with a support ticket.

We've spent a bit of time over the last week developing a fully managed XF self-hosted to XF Cloud migration service.

The price currently starts at $60 though may be more depending on specific requirements and complexity.

If any existing XF customers are interested, please feel free to Contact us and we can provide more details and discuss requirements.

Or just ask here if you like :)

We've spent a bit of time over the last week developing a fully managed XF self-hosted to XF Cloud migration service.

The price currently starts at $60 though may be more depending on specific requirements and complexity.

If any existing XF customers are interested, please feel free to Contact us and we can provide more details and discuss requirements.

Or just ask here if you like :)

The migration... Is... open?

In the interests of testing, I valiantly volunteered my services and moved my existing XF site to XFC.

The whole process took a matter of minutes with the longest part of it being taking and uploading the backups.
DNS propagation was complete within 5 minutes.

Total downtime was less than an hour.
With a faster connection it would have been minutes.

My 10 year old XF site is now running on XFC :)

Top Bottom