1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Xenforo Bot Character Probs.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by KRYGT, Oct 3, 2016.

  1. KRYGT

    KRYGT New Member

    Hi guys, I hired someone to write a bot for my forum but when it works we're having Turkish character problems with it. Programmer guy said its cause of a function based on xenforo.

    Do you have any idea? is he right? can we find a solution for it?
     
  2. Brogan

    Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

    You will need to discuss the issue with the developer - we can't provide support for third party code.
     
  3. KRYGT

    KRYGT New Member

    I ask for other users ideas... maybe they could know solution.
     
  4. EQnoble

    EQnoble Well-Known Member

    Someone (an individual) may be able to help you but there are a few things to this.

    First thing is that this is more of a development request or discussion so it's in the wrong place and as such not a troubleshooting question as troubleshooting is related directly to XF problems and since this is a problem with third party code built to run on XF, it is more of a custom development issue.

    Generally if an existing XF function can't be used or extended properly to do a task it is a developers job to write their own.

    Ultimately you would need to know the function this developer mentions and relay that to who ever is willing to take a look or even better you would need to provide access to the bot's code if your agreement with your developer allows for that, this of course assuming that your developer is unable or unwilling to create their own function.
     

Share This Page