Xenforo and Grammarly don't go well together

mauzao9

Heya,

Not sure if I'm the only one, but as I'm not fluently English I use Grammarly, one extension to Google Chrome and others to help with auto-corrections and grammar issues, being helpful to get past the common mistakes.

However specific to Xenforo boards, this two don't go well together, when using Grammarly when posting a reply or creating a thread, it's slow and unresponsive on xF's text editor.

In mine and other xF boards I go through stuff like this:
- Pasting text into the editor literally freezes it for a bit. (1st paste)
- When posting a reply it also freezes for a bit. (1st reply)

Would there be anything that I could do to improve this within xF's editor?

It seems to work better in XF2's editor. It might be something to do with the iframe approach we use in XF1 which we no longer use in XF2.

Ultimately, there's not a lot you or us can do about it. It's worth raising as an issue with Grammarly to see if they have any suggestions.

It seems to work better in XF2's editor. It might be something to do with the iframe approach we use in XF1 which we no longer use in XF2.

Ultimately, there's not a lot you or us can do about it. It's worth raising as an issue with Grammarly to see if they have any suggestions.
I'll keep this in mind, I kinda dislike Grammarly right now due to it reverting my corrections before saving. But, I may switch back to it when XF2 is released.

Grammarly doesn't work well in anything. I forget what I tried it in but I uninstalled it within 5 minutes. Was a neat idea. But when you try to edit text on several sites it just ruins your day.

Grammarly doesn't work well in anything. I forget what I tried it in but I uninstalled it within 5 minutes. Was a neat idea. But when you try to edit text on several sites it just ruins your day.
Any better more effective suggestion then?

Grammarly does work well enough considering the places it has to integrate to, the case of xF is really the worse performance I get using it, it really doesn't like its editor.

Top Bottom