Xenforo 2.2 release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking about my days updating vBulletin sites before coming to XenForo, I would likely be under the same impression. He probably just doesn't know how easy it is to upgrade a XenForo site.

Maybe in 2.2 there will be an analog of blogs or articles in the vBulletin.
And then I don't have to use workarounds.
It will be possible to use regular opportunities.

At this moment, nobody knows what 2.2 brings to the table. We haven't seen any HYS video yet so it will be a while before the public can use it. My guess is the jump from 2.1x to 2.2 won't be a huge changes like from 1.x to 2.x.
The sooner you move to XF, the sooner your audience can get used to all the good stuff in XF.

At this moment, nobody knows what 2.2 brings to the table. We haven't seen any HYS video yet so it will be a while before the public can use it. My guess is the jump from 2.1x to 2.2 won't be a huge changes like from 1.x to 2.x.
The sooner you move to XF, the sooner your audience can get used to all the good stuff in XF.
And the longer you wait, the more complicated the migration process likely becomes.

Maybe in 2.2 there will be an analog of blogs or articles in the vBulletin.
Nobody except XF developers knows for sure, but I'd pretty much doubt that - it's rather a niche product for forums and requires a lot of work.

I'd expect things like improved integration of XFMG, WebAuthn, improved API (OAuth Provider), improvements of various systems (Alerts, Reports, etc.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom