Fixed Xenforo 2.1.10 Upgrader bug

RisteDimitrievski

Affected version
2.1.10 Patch 2
I logged in today in admincp and started upgrade via admincp (automatically), and the upgrade system didn't finish as expected and i get the following errors:

Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected end of input at core-compiled.js on 408 line.

Now i can not use admincp and forum, the message is "The forum is being upgraded please check back later"

How can i fix it this, maybe i should do manually upgrade?

And the url to main forum is: http://forum.gametracker.vip

What happens if you go to your install URL?

It may allow you to continue the upgrade as normal at this point.

Submit a ticket via your customer area and we’ll see if we can get it going again.

Please provide your Admin CP log in and FTP details in the sensitive details area when creating the ticket.

Thanks.

I went to the direct upgrade URL as I previously directed and the process continued and completed as expected.

We'll leave this report open as we believe there may need to be changes here, but for now your forum is upgraded.

I believe this is actually an example of why 2.2's one-click upgrader now uses inlined JS for what it needs to execute.

Unfortunately, if you end up getting partially compiled JS cached, then there's unlikely to be a ton XF can directly do as that really shouldn't be happening from the web server, but at least it shouldn't get the upgrade stuck.

Top Bottom