XenForo 2.0 Discussion!

I am an extremely pleased with the outcome of XF2, and the high quality code that the XF team uses. Thanks you for that! Cannot wait to upgrade my board when it is stable, until then I will continue to play with the developer preview.

But when you consider you can just paste the link into the editor, it's hardly an important button.

Just treat it as an educational exercise for your users which additionally saves them a number of unnecessary clicks.

But when you consider you can just paste the link into the editor, it's hardly an important button.

Just treat it as an educational exercise for your users which additionally saves them a number of unnecessary clicks.
True but if I was confused I am sure other people will be too until they get use to the new software.

Can anyone who has test installed the dev previews confirm if tags can be moved to the footer area! Thanks.
Also what kind of custom keyboard shortcuts are available. Can keyboard shortcuts be assigned to editor toolbar buttons (quote specifically!) or to send focus to the reply box? Thanks!

How about the ability to multi-select images directly on your phone!? That's huge....I haven't been paying attention on the preview site!

That heads off one of the biggest "Facebook is so easy" arguments. It's huge. Yuuuuuge

How about the ability to multi-select images directly on your phone!? That's huge....I haven't been paying attention on the preview site!

That heads off one of the biggest "Facebook is so easy" arguments. It's huge. Yuuuuuge
You can already do this, at least on iOS 10+ but I think it can be done on earlier versions as well.

This announcement is a very big surprise, I thought I'd be waiting a while longer before seeing it out in the wild.

It's certainly a difference to how it was before. I'm sure I will get used to it, but at this stage I'm a little mixed and think it's a little too boxy? Guess that's what creating your own template is for.

I don't like that hovering my mouse over my username, inbox or alerts doesn't auto-load the list, but it's one extra click so it's not going to curb my enjoyment.

Not a fan of the default style in the slightest, seems like it's designed for the under 10's or over 80's to me. Can't comment on the underlying core of course but given the developer's record on this I have no doubt it will be excellent.

One other comment I will make though is I'm not a fan of the always logged in box being ticked by default, a security feature like that should always be opt-in, not opt-out to me ... it's too easy if someone's on a public computer and doesn't notice it and creates an unnecessary risk IMO. I know there are others that will like that feature so I hope there is an admin option for it.

While I have not extensively tested many of the features, including the search, it does, indeed, look befitting of a modern forum. Quite frankly, I would have to say it is excellent from a front-end perspective. Custom themes be damned, I think the default "XenForo" theme would be quite sufficient for my site, were not so many others assuredly going to use it. This is really looking good, and I suspect my site will participate in the beta. I like where you are going with the software and I think you are moving to areas where other "forum companies" have really dropped the ball. Most noticeably in making the damn thing easy to use, and not looking like you are trying to log into Skynet. Can't wait for XF 2!

You can already do this, at least on iOS 10+ but I think it can be done on earlier versions as well.

What I was pointing out was that you can now do this in XF2 where you could not before (in XF 1.5) no matter what iOS you are using...not to my knowledge.

Top Bottom