xenforo 1.3 !

If I could have one wish for a change to be implemented in Xenforo 1.3 then that would be a rewrite of the RSS support. Rather than the current solution were the first post of a thread is transmitted it should be the last post.

Today, especially if you have multi-page threads that are frequently updated, the current RSS solution do not support an efficient subscription via RSS as the same content will be published over and over.

Saying that, besides the above, our members feels that our move to Xenforo was well worth the effort. A really solid piece of software.

Happy New Year to everyone

I'm being killed here, waiting for the next HYS ;)

Well, with a bit of luck, one will be posted next week (when everywhere is back to normal)...

It'll liven up the first week back at school at least :)

Liam

@Mike @Kier
I am tired of the slow distillation practice in addition features a new generation of software
I hope those whom it may concern announcement soon issue a new version and enough manipulation nerves customers
Thank you

@Mike @Kier
I am tired of the slow distillation practice in addition features a new generation of software
I hope those whom it may concern announcement soon issue a new version and enough manipulation nerves customers
Thank you
and I'm tired of nervous customers that expect a great software with no bugs or issues and with new features rushing the developers

@Mike @Kier
Thank you

When the software is ready for release, it will be released. The features are announced when a release is nearing, and improvements are made based on responses.

Perhaps I'm not having the right expectations but in my view stable releases with some frequency in more important than a constant flow of new features. I know that in an agile world releasing often is important but there has to be a balance that also ensures stability. It's not only about releasing software, it's also about deploying it.

What I have seen so far Xenforo manages this balance well. I'm looking forward to 1.3 but I prefer it to be stable rather than early.

But again, this is just my opinion.

Last edited:
You will always have user around moaning, nagging or whatever you wanna call it.
Xenforo is doing it absolutly the right way. We´re getting infos about new features in reasonable intervals.
They are keeping us up²date, so i don´t see anything wrong with it.

Anyone concerning about it, should start thinking about how much work such a software is and that adding new features also needs time for testing.
If something wont work as suggested we have new "grouser"

Don´t like it? Don´t use it!

This changes are nice. But i wonder when the neglected trophies / status / follow system, and others... Will get the attention they deserve, Xenforo always said to be about "be social", but after the core social features, i never saw again any work to expand / improve or new features of the kind. :(

Top Bottom