xenforo 1.3 !

This changes are nice. But i wonder when the neglected trophies / status / follow system, and others... Will get the attention they deserve, Xenforo always said to be about "be social", but after the core social features, i never saw again any work to expand / improve or new features of the kind. :(
The adding of a native @ tagging system was a big social improvement IMO.

mwir.webp
But not by much.

XenForo releases a new update about once a month on average
  • XenForo 1.2 was released almost 6 months ago (July 30)
  • XenForo 1.2.1 was released only 5 months ago (August 20)
  • XenForo 1.2.2 was released only 4 months ago (September 24)
  • XenForo 1.2.3 was released 2 months ago (November 5)
  • XenForo 1.2.4 was released last month (December 17)
And it does so without things breaking. I have more than my fair share of add-ons (68) and styles (10) and things keep on ticking without me worrying or breaking (unlike other developments).

However no one can say that the development here is "slow" to release or progress.

I suspect we "might" see a 1.2.5 release, then I would think 1.3 would be around the corner. But this is only my guess.

The adding of a native @ tagging system was a big social improvement IMO.
Yes, but even with that, they still neglected the status update system, where such does not work. It seems this new things are added, but ignored to expand and implement into certain parts of software, for example, the criteria system before kept with the new features, now there isn't criteria for the new features to work with trophies / notices / promotions.

Yes, but even with that, they still neglected the status update system, where such does not work. It seems this new things are added, but ignored to expand and implement into certain parts of software, for example, the criteria system before kept with the new features, now there isn't criteria for the new features to work with trophies / notices / promotions.
Personally I (or my members) couldn't care less about the status update stuff, so for my site/forum XF has been working on the "right" stuff.

View attachment 65334
But not by much.

XenForo releases a new update about once a month on average
  • XenForo 1.2 was released almost 6 months ago (July 30)
  • XenForo 1.2.1 was released only 5 months ago (August 20)
  • XenForo 1.2.2 was released only 4 months ago (September 24)
  • XenForo 1.2.3 was released 2 months ago (November 5)
  • XenForo 1.2.4 was released last month (December 17)
And it does so without things breaking. I have more than my fair share of add-ons (68) and styles (10) and things keep on ticking without me worrying or breaking (unlike other developments).

However no one can say that the development here is "slow" to release or progress.

I suspect we "might" see a 1.2.5 release, then I would think 1.3 would be around the corner. But this is only my guess.

Certainly a more aggressive release schedule than VB, who just announced VB Cloud today rather than fixing core problems.
From what I have seen so far, XenForo is doing exactly the right thing.

Top Bottom