Other Xenforo 1.2 to Xenforo 1.2 Importer How To Resource?

DRE

Can someone PLEASE create a Xenforo 1.2 importer to Xenforo 1.2 How To resource? I am importing my site into a fresh database as spring cleaning since our current database is a little corrupt due to several years worth of some addons not uninstalling itself properly. I have made my site private so that eventually our urls will disappear of google search index. I don't need those urls in google because after the import, lots of our urls will change due to the importer assigning new thread, user, conversation and post ids. In this resource can you address how the importer addresses old addon content? Can you address how to export old addon information from the database then import that old addon information to the new database? Thread related to this question.

Last edited:
It sounds like he wants a custom importer to also import all associated add-on data.

Totally the wrong way to go about resolving any issues with an installation.

It sounds like he wants a custom importer to also import all associated add-on data.

Totally the wrong way to go about resolving any issues with an installation.
No sir. Just a step-by-step guide with screenshots on what it looks like when you are using the importer. I have created step-by-step-guides in the past with screenshots and so have other users. I cannot use the importer at the moment. I just want to see what it looks like. Also I was requesting screenshots of what it looks like when you export addon information from the tables and import it to the other database.

Oh... In that case all I need to do is import my blogs, videos and albums to threads. I've already got a blog to thread importer for Better Blogs made recently. I got to ask that coder to make a videos to thread importer. I'll also need to figure out how to transfer post ratings and it shouldn't be too hard to export and import smilies. After I use the Xenforo 1.2 importer I can use a thread to blog importer for XI Blogs (I've got that being made right now). I will ask the same coder to make a thread to XMG 1.3 importer for XMG 1.3 (cause I'll no longer be using XenMedio). About XenGallery... oh crap, all the user ids will have been changed. I gotta re-think this.

As I said here and elsewhere, using an importer to "clean up" your database is not the way to go about it.

Simply uninstall the add-ons and ensure any changes to the database are reverted - either automatically as part of the uninstall script, or manually if necessary.

It's really not a difficult job to compare the database structure and see what has been changed.
I could do it for you if you provided me with a dump of the structure only.

Reactions: DRE
Okay so it looks like I was on the right track. To transfer addon information without having to play around with the database, get addon-to-thread importers made. Those addons should also have a thread importer. In my site's case I need a Better Blogs-to-threads importer (got it) a XI Blogs thread importer (getting it made), a XenMedio-to-threads importer, a XenMediaGallery 1.3 threads importer (XMG 1.3 ain't out yet) and a XenGallery-to-threads importer. XenGallery already has a thread importer. So if I do it in the next two weeks I should have everything I need except for the XMG to 1.3 importer which isn't that big of a deal cause I can wait. As long as those threads are in a subforum on the new forum I should be fine.

Better Blogs to Threads: $50 - Already Made
XI Blogs Thread Importer: $50 - Being Made
XenMedio to Thread Importer: $50 Haven't asked yet
XenGallery to Threads Importer: $50 Haven't asked yet
XMG 1.3 Thread Importer: $50 XMG 1.3 not out yet.

The prices I'm quoting is not how much these importers cost or how much the services cost, but a rough estimate of what I may need to spend to get these made.

Last edited:
As I said here and elsewhere, using an importer to "clean up" your database is not the way to go about it.

Simply uninstall the add-ons and ensure any changes to the database are reverted - either automatically as part of the uninstall script, or manually if necessary.

It's really not a difficult job to compare the database structure and see what has been changed.
I could do it for you if you provided me with a dump of the structure only.
I totally agree that it's not the right way to go about it, especially due to all the ids being changed and that's bad for SEO but I'm going to do it anyway cause there's something that's been nagging at my conscience ever since I created a site. My threads have long ids because there were times on both vBulletin and Xenforo where I used RSS for my site and it created lots of threads and times where an addon created several threads automatically (new user thread etc) and there are times where I've had lots of spammers join which also created lots of user ids. Because of this, the id number is long and I don't like them being that long so an import would solve that minor cosmetic issue.

Gonna test this out today. This won't be the official move but just a test. Doing it since I'm now on my new server.

Top Bottom