XF 1.2 Xenforo 1.2.1 to 1.4.3 problem

william1872

hi

My developer is currently trying to upgrade from 1.2.1 to 1.4.3 and is getting the following error

"
No Upgrade Available

You are already running the current version (1.2.1). To do a fresh install, click here."

He's downloded the 'upgrade' only version and followed the upgrade instructions.

Any ideas what could be stopping the upgrade?

That would suggest you haven't uploaded the correct files to the relevant location, or you have some sort of aggressive caching in place.

Ensure the contents of the upload folder from the .zip are uploaded to the directory where XenForo is installed, overwriting the existing files.

Ok,

I've just completed the upgrade myself and everything seemed to go well, except when I tried to go to the 'Appearances' tab post upgrade check, I get the following error.

Fatal error: Class 'XenForo_Error' not found in /home/jvfocus/public_html/library/TMS/Model/Style.php on line 81

Getting a load of these in the error log to, just done a file integrity check and that came back ok.

Code:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Class 'XenForo_Error' not found - library/TMS/Model/Style.php:81
Generated By: Unknown Account, 1 minute ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(117) "http://www.jvfocus.com/misc/style?redirect=/misc/style%3Fredirect=/misc/style%253Fredirect=/search/1119/%25253Fpage=5"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["redirect"] => string(68) "/misc/style?redirect=/misc/style%3Fredirect=/search/1119/%253Fpage=5"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Ok,

I've just completed the upgrade myself and everything seemed to go well, except when I tried to go to the 'Appearances' tab post upgrade check, I get the following error.

Fatal error: Class 'XenForo_Error' not found in /home/jvfocus/public_html/library/TMS/Model/Style.php on line 81

Getting a load of these in the error log to, just done a file integrity check and that came back ok.

Code:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Class 'XenForo_Error' not found - library/TMS/Model/Style.php:81
Generated By: Unknown Account, 1 minute ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(117) "http://www.jvfocus.com/misc/style?redirect=/misc/style%3Fredirect=/misc/style%253Fredirect=/search/1119/%25253Fpage=5"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["redirect"] => string(68) "/misc/style?redirect=/misc/style%3Fredirect=/search/1119/%253Fpage=5"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

This seems to come from a mod that adds a TMS folder. Can you try to disable it and see if that would help?

Hi Guys, I had a similar problem, (as at the very beginning of this thread), but I see the upload folder within my community folder, and if I direct the browser to that folder it gives me the chmod issue reported in another thread...

Once I sort this chmod issue out, will it be a problem to ugrade via that pathway...? ie: www....com/community/upload/install/

rather than the www....com/community/install/ folder that the xenforo manual indicates I should use...when I try to use that, it says upgrade not available.

Help is appreciated, thanks.

It will be an issue because that indicates the files haven't been uploaded correctly. Specifically, you should be uploading the contents of the upload directory, not the directory itself.

yes...I fixed it late last night. I was following the instructions on the upload and upgrade page you guys have and it read to me as though the upload folder and all of its contents needed to be brought over to the folder my xenforo was in. Once I realized the wording might have screwed me up, I tried just the contents, and it worked fine.

Thanks for your time.

Top Bottom