xenForo 1.1.x & 1.2.x

Timelord

Hello
The update of 1.2.x has just arrived, and i would like to ask will 1.1.x addons, styles, etc work with 1.2.x and will 1.2.x addons, styles work with 1.1.x

Styles - not really.
Addons - depends on the addon, but most likely 1.1 addons will only work on 1.1 and the same goes to 1.2. There are addons that support both versions though.

Hello
The update of 1.2.x has just arrived, and i would like to ask will 1.1.x addons, styles, etc work with 1.2.x and will 1.2.x addons, styles work with 1.1.x
All your style will need to be updated. That's because 1.2.x is a responsive design which also acts as a mobile friendly design. XenForo had the good sense to incorporate it all into 1 single layout.

As for the add-ons, it's not a bad as most people thought it was going to be. Having come from IPB where every update meant having to upgrade just about every add-on I was using.... I was very worried about upgrading to XenForo's 1.2 because I had that mindset in place.

When I did the upgrade I had over 100+ add-ons installed. Out of all of them, only 5 were truly problematic, but not so problematic that I couldn't easily remove, disable, or update them.

XenForo 1.2.x upgrade overall was painless and easy to manage.

Top Bottom