1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xenForo 1.1.x & 1.2.x

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Timelord, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Timelord

Timelord Member

Hello
    The update of 1.2.x has just arrived, and i would like to ask will 1.1.x addons, styles, etc work with 1.2.x and will 1.2.x addons, styles work with 1.1.x

2. tyteen4a03

tyteen4a03 Well-Known Member

Styles - not really.
    Addons - depends on the addon, but most likely 1.1 addons will only work on 1.1 and the same goes to 1.2. There are addons that support both versions though.

3. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It depends.

Some will, some won't.

Amaury likes this.
  4. Timelord

Timelord Member

How can i know what will work with what

5. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Read the resource updates/threads.

You do though require a license to read the full content of resources.

6. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

All your style will need to be updated. That's because 1.2.x is a responsive design which also acts as a mobile friendly design. XenForo had the good sense to incorporate it all into 1 single layout.

As for the add-ons, it's not a bad as most people thought it was going to be. Having come from IPB where every update meant having to upgrade just about every add-on I was using.... I was very worried about upgrading to XenForo's 1.2 because I had that mindset in place.

When I did the upgrade I had over 100+ add-ons installed. Out of all of them, only 5 were truly problematic, but not so problematic that I couldn't easily remove, disable, or update them.

XenForo 1.2.x upgrade overall was painless and easy to manage.