[quote]something1
   [quote]something2
      [quote]something3
      [/quote]
   [/quote]
[/quote]

Salud2

Last edited:
That's not very intuitive for tech-challenged users, though. Could this be something you can change in a future release? Not all users are developers ;)

@ScarletCox, the add-on allows you to define the depth of nesting. If you go to xenforo options -> XenFacil's quote and deselect (or unmark) the Nesting Quotes Enabled? option, no more nesting is allowed. If you select (or mark) the Nesting Quotes Enabled? option, there will be as many nests as they are defined in Quotes Depth (from none to unlimited). Don't forget that you can always manually nested quotes.

When you have a post that contains a quote of quote, if the nested depth is setting to depth 3 and nested quotes are enabled, you get a triple quote with three levels deep like
Code:
something into editor area for post now. Here are your respond with nested quote with 3 levels deep.
[quote='user 3']something quote level 1 ==>> third post. Here are the post that you quote now
   [quote='user 2']something quote level 2 ==>> second post ==>> Here is the post that was already quoted by user 3
      [quote='user 1']something quote level 3 ==>> first post ==>> Here is the first post that was already quoted by user 2
      [/quote]
   [/quote]
[/quote]

When you press the Insert Quotes button, you see the posts as they are, without altering, but when you insert, these are corrected like you would if you had clicked on the Quote button.

Salud2

Last edited:
I have identified a bug that causes an error on the post reply page. When you click the preview button, the preview will not load and the console shows a 404 not found error for xf_quote.js.

I realized this happens because my Xenforo installation is in a subdirectory and not the site root.

In the template XenFacil_Quote.js, if I change this:
PHP:
<xen:require js="/js/XenFacil/xf_quote.js" />
To this:
PHP:
<xen:require js="js/XenFacil/xf_quote.js" />

Then it works.

@lms Hello, this is a very good add-on. Thank you for that!

I found one thing that could have a better solution. When Quotes are generated for discussion thread that are automatically created (for example for Resources from the XF Resource Manager), the quote says "NOBODY" in the header. It would be nicer if the default person can be defined. For example the admin or a value like "System", because "Nobody" is not true. If someone uploads a Resource the creator name should be shown.

xenfacil_quotes.webp

Top Bottom