• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

XenDynamic - Wordpress Theme

Maybe I misunderstood what you wanted to do, I removed that line on my test server and the front page no longer pushes posts to it. What are you trying to get rid of exactly?
I only want to show static page that I create so I can use shortcodes. I do not want the recent posts content that this theme provides.

10qie0m.jpg

I only want to show static page that I create so I can use shortcodes. I do not want the recent posts content that this theme provides.

First question, under settings->reading Did you choose the static page for the home page?

Change the pieces of page.php from this:

PHP:
    <?php
    if (is_front_page()) {
        get_template_part('content', 'frontpage');
    } else {
        get_template_part('content', 'page');
    }
    ?>

To this:
PHP:
    <?php
        get_template_part('content', 'page');
    ?>

The only things that should pull if you have the static home page set is the Title from the page and the content from the page.

I'm trying to change the size of different pieces of text (Using headings, etc) and it works on the edit page but the heading doesn't change size when it's published. Are you aware of this bug bambua?

I'm trying to change the size of different pieces of text (Using headings, etc) and it works on the edit page but the heading doesn't change size when it's published. Are you aware of this bug bambua?
I'll take a look at it, that should be working I know the CSS is in there.

How are you inserting the sizes? Are you using direct html, some kind of short code, or from the editor? And if possible can you send me a link to a post you've made changes on?

After starting to put news posts on mine using this I've noticed it seems to have the same problem I saw other uses mention about the old style, in that bullet points made in wp for the front page don't show up, you just get the the text on lines without any bullet points. I just used a special character that looks like a bullet and the carriage return instead for now in the editor. (I was just using the editor to make text lines have bullet points of them.)

Not a huge concern for me, I can work around it, but your welcome to examine it if needed.

After starting to put news posts on mine using this I've noticed it seems to have the same problem I saw other uses mention about the old style, in that bullet points made in wp for the front page don't show up, you just get the the text on lines without any bullet points. I just used a special character that looks like a bullet and the carriage return instead for now in the editor. (I was just using the editor to make text lines have bullet points of them.)

Not a huge concern for me, I can work around it, but your welcome to examine it needed.
I found out why the bullet points aren't carrying over, small css bug, I'm working it into the new version. Still don't know about the font size issue as I haven't gotten the link yet.

Next version is close, I'm hung up on some regular expressions I need for the menu system/paths in the links. Once I get that sorted I will be able to release it.

Awesome, just what I'm waiting for so I can start using this :D Great work bambua!

Not a huge concern for me, I can work around it, but your welcome to examine it if needed.
These are fixed, still working on the regex issue, but it's close.

bambua, what's the current bug that you guys mention previous in the thread with this and the wordpress bridge? Because I'm having a issue on a friends website where he doesn't have friendly url turned on on his board and he has friendly url turned on for the wordpress installation which I installed for him.

Most of the url work fine except the one in the frontpage/wordpress body... and the search field.. instead of pointing to domain.com/cat/post.php, it points to domain.com/community?/cat/post.php

PM set with url

bambua, what's the current bug that you guys mention previous in the thread with this and the wordpress bridge? Because I'm having a issue on a friends website where he doesn't have friendly url turned on on his board and he has friendly url turned on for the wordpress installation which I installed for him.

Most of the url work fine except the one in the frontpage/wordpress body... and the search field.. instead of pointing to domain.com/cat/post.php, it points to domain.com/community?/cat/post.php

PM set with url
That's the same problem that another user had, give me a second and I'll send you a temporary patch.

PM set with url

in the bottom of the functions.php file put the following:
PHP:
add_filter('post_link', fixLinks, 10, 1);
add_filter('author_link', fixLinks, 10, 1);
add_filter('category_link', fixLinks, 10, 1);
add_filter('category_feed_link', fixLinks, 10, 1);
add_filter('tag_link', fixLinks, 10, 1);
add_filter('page_link', fixLinks, 10, 1);
add_filter('author_link', fixLinks, 10, 1);
add_filter('get_pagenum_link', fixLinks, 10, 1);
add_filter('day_link', fixLinks, 10, 1);
add_filter('month_link', fixLinks, 10, 1);
add_filter('year_link', fixLinks, 10, 1);
add_filter('attachment_link', fixLinks, 10, 1);
add_filter('author_feed_link', fixLinks, 10, 1);
add_filter('comment_reply_link', fixLinks, 10, 1);
add_filter('feed_link', fixLinks, 10, 1);
add_filter('get_comment_author_link', fixLinks, 10, 1);
add_filter('post_type_link', fixLinks, 10, 1);
add_filter('the_permalink', fixLinks, 10, 1);
add_filter('post_comments_feed_link', fixLinks, 10, 1);

function fixLinks($permalink) {
   return str_replace("community?/","",$permalink);
}

This is such a hack but it will work until I get the new version out, this is part of what I'm struggling with on the regular expressions. I'm close, it's just not quite there yet.

This is such a hack but it will work until I get the new version out, this is part of what I'm struggling with on the regular expressions. I'm close, it's just not quite there yet.

Thanks, that worked wonderfully :D

I'm wrapping up the last of the changes on this, assuming the build works out well on my test site I'm going to try to get this released in version 0.2.0 tomorrow or Tuesday.

Included in it:
  • Path fixes
  • Submenus for each tab
  • Better support for Xenforo in root folder and wordpress in sub folder
  • Corrected support for XFRocks Wordpress bridge

Hi Bambua, I have XenForo in root and wordpress under /blog what do I put in Xenforo Path ? I already tried it with / but getting this error:

Rich (BB code):
Warning: require(/home/user/public_html/blog/wp-content/themes/XenDynamic/includes/../../../..//library/XenForo/Autoloader.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/user/public_html/blog/wp-content/themes/XenDynamic/includes/xf_integration.php on line 28

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/user/public_html/blog/wp-content/themes/XenDynamic/includes/../../../..//library/XenForo/Autoloader.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/user/public_html/blog/wp-content/themes/XenDynamic/includes/xf_integration.php on line 28

Edit: Missed your last message about xfrocks's wordpress add-on and subforum note. I'll try this with the comming update again.

Top Bottom