Style XenDynamic 1.0 Discussion

bambua

I'm almost to a beta phase for XenDynamic 1.0 and I'm looking for some help.

I'm looking for a few people to do some testing for me before I release it in the resource manager. Through some client work for the past couple months I've been updating and improving this wordpress style.

Things included now:
  • caching of the templates (less server load)
  • template hooks (make all your changes in a child theme to make it a lot easier to upgrade)
  • complete support of nodes as tabs addon from Jake, including using the drop down menu as sub menu items for link forums
  • ability to use it with Xenporta
  • supporting either wordpress or xenforo being in the root
  • reduction of jQuery modifications to the page to move content around. This is possible because of the caching.
  • inclusion of xenforo widgets for use in wordpress (only the stock ones at the moment, still working on bringing over the widget framework ones)
If you are interested toss a post here and I'll send you a PM with some details. I'd like to get some testing done this weekend.
Thanks for the help, and if there are any other features you'd like to see please let me know!

I would like to be in the beta. I've been dying to get this working with myarcadeplugin because this skin needs an optional wordpress page that has no sidebar. Also been trying to get it working with buddypress but XenDynamic looks horrible with buddypress. I mostly won't be using Buddypress but their Buddypress plugin called Buddystream which lets members stream their youtube, facebook and twitter status messages etc.

I'd like full width templates, shortcodes for columns/buttons/etc, featured slider at the top of the index page (nothing crazy flashy), and nicely layed out posts.

I'd like full width templates, shortcodes for columns/buttons/etc, featured slider at the top of the index page (nothing crazy flashy), and nicely layed out posts.
Question, most of these are pretty easy, but why use a theme built slider when there are several plugins out there that do the same thing, and would let people basically style their board how they want.

Question, most of these are pretty easy, but why use a theme built slider when there are several plugins out there that do the same thing, and would let people basically style their board how they want.
I just don't know how to put it in, and my coding knowledge isn't superb. I really want content to look featured though, like an e-zine, but I also want shortcode flexibility for creating pages like "Donate page", or "About Us" , etc.

I just don't know how to put it in, and my coding knowledge isn't superb. I really want content to look featured though, like an e-zine, but I also want shortcode flexibility for creating pages like "Donate page", or "About Us" , etc.
Ok I can understand that, I'll look at it.

Reactions: Pro
It's taking a bit longer then I originally planned to get this ready for testing. I'm in the middle of a couple projects for customers that area keeping me involved. As soon as they are done though I will be getting this out to everyone.

Just posted this on my test site, as soon as a couple of my users have a chance to test a few things I'll be sending this out to the folks interested in this thread.

:)

inclusion of xenforo widgets for use in wordpress (only the stock ones at the moment, still working on bringing over the widget framework ones)
This is of great interest. Is the framework widgets working in the latest version of XenDynamics?

Top Bottom