XenCentral Multisite System

XenCentral Multisite System [Paid] 1.11.0

No permission to buy (€69.99)
So if I run addons that are not on the supported list (XenCarta, XenRio, and Nobita Social Groups), will those addons continue to work on the root domain? Am I able to install separate licenses of those addons on the sub domains?

For the compatible addons, does each site have its own database? For example, would each sub domain have its own independent resources, blogs, and articles, or would the menu link back to the root domain?

We would appreciate your suggestions on how exactly do you see the "fix" for this situation. Search engines are meant to analyze the sites and rank them based on real user experience. So if you decide to have entire nodes with their threads under different domains, it should be considered that this content will also be indexed by search engines as such and will be considered as duplicate content. Even if we would implement domain-based forum permissions, using which you can deny the access to some forums for some particular usergroup (e.g. guests), there may be admins who may want to do the same for another content, e.g. to show only some Resources categories to some usergroups on a per-domain basis. And these implementations seem to be separate for each addon. Please let us know your thoughts on this and we will see if we can implement anything like this.

One solution is to create an option to set the primary domain for any "shared" nodes (on a per-node basis). For all other domains sharing the content, the add-on should write a <meta name="robots" content="noindex"> tag to the header. This will keep Google (and other search engines) from indexing the content on the secondary domains and avoid any penalty for duplicate content.

Any thoughts on this?

So if I run addons that are not on the supported list (XenCarta, XenRio, and Nobita Social Groups), will those addons continue to work on the root domain? Am I able to install separate licenses of those addons on the sub domains?

For the compatible addons, does each site have its own database? For example, would each sub domain have its own independent resources, blogs, and articles, or would the menu link back to the root domain?

By addon compatibility we mean support/enhancement of addon features, to make them multisite-enabled. Any other addons continue to function on the main domain (and most likely on secondary domains as well) just as they would work without Multisite addon being installed. Please note, that you don't install it on secondary domains, as all domains actually share the same installation of XenForo, all addons, users etc. are common in all domains. If an addon has licensing check for the domain, you may consider to contact addon provider and ask them to enable your secondary domains as well. There is no specific support for licensing of addons implemented in our addon.

The addons do not have separate database, everything is in one database, in one installation, but the links in navigation do not point to the main site, they point to addon pages in current domain. And if the addon is supported, you will find some additional settings when creating/editing a domain, that allow you to choose which categories should be displayed in a domain, to rename the categories in most cases etc.

One solution is to create an option to set the primary domain for any "shared" nodes (on a per-node basis). For all other domains sharing the content, the add-on should write a <meta name="robots" content="noindex"> tag to the header. This will keep Google (and other search engines) from indexing the content on the secondary domains and avoid any penalty for duplicate content.

Any thoughts on this?

Thank you for the suggestion. This seems to be good solution for nodes, and we will implement it soon.

Thank you!

XCentral updated XenCentral Multisite System with a new update entry:

XenCentral Multisite System 1.5.5 released

Hello everyone,

This is the next release of XenCentral Multisite System, which enhances the support of VaultWiki addon and implements a new option to add "noindex" meta to shared nodes. Both options are under "Filters" tab for each domain entry.

All licensed customers can download the package from their Client's Area.

Thank you!

Read the rest of this update entry...

I do really love the idea of this mod and would love to be able to use it. However, I have two very similar sites, both established, both with tens of thousands of users. I envisage a huge conflict in usernames but also, is merging two sites even possible with this?

Failing that, is there a way to bridge two websites so they can share some forums as there is a little cross-over between websites

I do really love the idea of this mod and would love to be able to use it. However, I have two very similar sites, both established, both with tens of thousands of users. I envisage a huge conflict in usernames but also, is merging two sites even possible with this?

Failing that, is there a way to bridge two websites so they can share some forums as there is a little cross-over between websites

Unfortunately merging two installations is something not in the scope of this addon at all, also bridging two installations is not possible with this. Only after having a fully setup normal installation of XenForo you may setup multiple domains to work on the same installation and show different content based on current domain accessed. We may be able to assist you with merging the boards as a separate project. Please contact us at https://desk.xencentral.com/ if you are interested and we will discuss it further.

Thank you!

Bug report: in vaultwiki the links for recent changes and special pages link to the wrong domain.

Also: I am not seeing showcase settings in the filters tab. I am using showcase 2.4

This bug still exists: if XFMG album node is not active, the site will still show member album images.

Last edited:
I just downloaded / installed and got the following message:

Code:
Fatal error: Class 'vw_Hard_Core' not found in {root}/forum/library/XenCentral/MultiSite/Hooks.php on line 59

All addons have been turned off, so not sure where to look. Will the recent update fix? How to proceed?

EDIT: The update worked, thank you!

Last edited:
Does this addon support different google analytic headers so if I add two domains I could do different tracking on each of them?

Few suggestions and adjustments:

Add a unique ID or class to the HTML element for per-site CSS declarations. While there's the content replacement feature, it doesn't always make sense to use that.

For similar reasons as above, please add a template conditional for adding per-site content. For advance changes to a design it's going to be easier to use a conditional than do a replacement each time it is needed.

Make the user title ladder per-site. I don't know how difficult this is, but it would be useful for sites that actually make user of the user title ladder.

Change display order and visibility of forums per site. Because of an issue when displaying nested categories I had to move the lowest level category to the forum list root and show it at the bottom of the list. Being able to change the display order, and adjust visibility per node would be useful for sites with a lot of forums.

Turn the logo into a dropdown with links to the other sites. I've included a screenshot and code of what I've done below.

Attachments

Last edited:
Top Bottom