XenCentral Multisite System

XenCentral Multisite System [Paid] 1.11.0

No permission to buy (€69.99)
Sorry for the late reply, we have been busy recenty. Your issue is with some mis-configuration and not the addon not working, as it works on numerous boards with different configuration. We will try to look into it soon, but a quick look shows that your second domain is not properly configured, it outputs something like
HTML:
<html><head><title>yourforumtitle</title>
</head>
<frameset rows="100%"><frame src="http://yourdomain.com"></frameset>
<noframes>Please visit <a href="http://yourdomain.com">http://yourdomain.com</a>.</noframes>
</html>

Please make sure you understand how the addon should be used or post here your questions and we will try to explain. For now, just make sure both your domains point to the same directory on server, and if you are not sure to do it, ask your hosting provider for help.

Thank you!
My host had configured the domain as a symbolic link, which is the directadmin variation of an addon domain. My host says this can not be the reason why the iframe occurs. They say this must be caused by the xencentral software.
Please look into the issue and let me know. Please respond to the support ticket.

My host had configured the domain as a symbolic link, which is the directadmin variation of an addon domain. My host says this can not be the reason why the iframe occurs. They say this must be caused by the xencentral software.
Please look into the issue and let me know. Please respond to the support ticket.

You can simply uninstall our addon, delete our files and you will see the same, so it is definitely not connected with our software, and we have seen the same for other customers as well and it was misconfiguration from server side. They should not configure it as symbolic link, that should just use the same directory for all domains and it is quite simple thing they should understand. Anyway, please update your ticket with full server details (CPanel if available) and we will do the configuration for you.

Thank you!

They should not configure it as symbolic link, that should just use the same directory for all domains and it is quite simple thing they should understand.
Could you please rephrase this in correct English?

Are you saying that it should not be an addon domain like stated earlier, but it should be an alias?

Could you please rephrase this in correct English?

Are you saying that it should not be an addon domain like stated earlier, but it should be an alias?

Each Virtual Host created in Apache has configuration value to set its root directory. Your main domain is configured using main directory, something like /home/user/public_html When you create a sub-domain, normally a directory is being created in /home/user and in configuration of Virtual Host the directory is being set to /home/user/subdomain. Creating symlink between "subdomain" and "public_html" may work, but it is not the way we are setting up the product usually. The correct way is to edit Virtual Host configuration and set the directory for the sub-domain created to be "/home/user/public_html".

All this configuration can be done even before our product is installed, you should just have two URLs - domain and subdomain to open the same site, not via iframes, not via redirects - but exactly the same site. And only once this works you can install our product and start configuring the board based on URL used to access the board.

I hope this information is enough for your host provider to setup the subdomain correctly.

Thank you!

Would love to have the option for the online members stats to show "members online on domain.com" and a "total members online across all domains"

It would be really useful to differentiate the network of sites but keep things the same

I like much this addon. What i love to see here is the possibility to have different usergroups based on site. Example Forum A User, Forum A Moderator...

Example, if we have 2 forums:
A user can be admin in forum A in the usergroup admin with the staff ribbon AND
simple user in the forum B

I know the is possible with the current usergroup but a simpler system to automate this would be awesome!

Anyone has this addon works with XF 1.3 please? My site just upgraded to 1.3 RC 2 and member cannot login once domain.

Question to you on user style choice.

We have one of our sites set to force a particular style on the user. However, I want one of the nodes to show a different style that is altered a bit for that node. When I set the node option for Override user style choice it is ignored by the XenCentral forced style.

Is there no way to force a style through XenCentral so that it affects the outside, but allow different nodes like a category or forum to sport a different style?

@XCentral With several forums connected with Xen Multisite is it possible to assign admins or super moderators to separate forums?
I have the nodes all associated to the separate forums but find if I assign a super moderator it is to all and not separate.

I like much this addon. What i love to see here is the possibility to have different usergroups based on site. Example Forum A User, Forum A Moderator...

Example, if we have 2 forums:
A user can be admin in forum A in the usergroup admin with the staff ribbon AND
simple user in the forum B

I know the is possible with the current usergroup but a simpler system to automate this would be awesome!

@XCentral There are news about this? I badly need these 2 features...if you can implement that, i'm going to buy 2 extra license to support your work.

Also, there are a way to have separate analytics and adsense code per domain? I think this will be very useful for a real "multi site" system.

It's a little disheartening to see no responses from @XCentral lately in this thread. There is recent activity from them in thread for the ad server but nothing recent about Multisite, neither here (last post in February) nor in their support forum (last post in March).

It's a little disheartening to see no responses from @XCentral lately in this thread. There is recent activity from them in thread for the ad server but nothing recent about Multisite, neither here (last post in February) nor in their support forum (last post in March).

I have sent an email to @XCentral. It responds to me that next version will be released in the next 2/3 days. :-)

Hello, @Kevin

We are sorry for the delay with updates on this, we are just very overloaded and we are working on the next version of this.

There is no list maintained for third-party add-ons supported, we just mentioned them with each next release. Basically the list of addons supported is:

1. XenCentral Ad Server
  2. XenForo Resource Manager
  3. [SurreyForum] XenKingDir - Business / Links Directory
  4. XenZine Articles
  5. [8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)
  6. [8wayRun.Com] XenAtendo (Events)
  7. Nodes As Tabs
  8. [bd] Widget Framework
To see how exactly each addon is supported you can see appropriate release notes, but basically it implements filtering "categories" of addons, widgets etc.

Thank you!

I really hope that support for the most add-ons is planned. I have posted feature requests but received no response. I realize that it's a lot of work but without support for major addons, multisite is not useful. I need to run addons like blog, gallery, reviews, wiki, submit sitemaps to Google, etc.

Top Bottom